• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Compressor

Brettski

I'm really intrigued by the Pigtronix stuff. The polysaturator in particular. I had a Sparkle Drive before my illustrious brother "acquired" it. The simultaneous tone thing is really cool, especially without lugging around another 4x10 DeVille.

mobis8

That is what I am saying. I am a huge Biffy Clyro fan and love the sound he uses blending a clean and dirty amp together. This seems to get that same feel...

steinwand

It sounds great, but suffers from a very bad layout (IMHO)
In/Out jacks on one side ... not very pedalboard friendly

mobis8

I noticed that too... Seems kind of an odd design, however I don't think that would be an issue in my case as I have all of my pedals on a shelf hooked up to a gcx. I am going to have to try this pedal out!!

gag halfrunt

A fellow of infinite jest
I love the layout, because I can turn it sideways to save space on the pedalboard, and have both in/out on top. If it works as advertised, it will be an "always on" pedal when I use the pedalboard, so there are no worries about knocking knobs around.

nibus

It looks like a great comp, but from the demos I find the added grit to just sounds bad.... YMMV of course

Rocksully

I have the Philospher's Tone.
I really like this pedal.
It is fantastic for sustain. I have mine after my Keeley Compressor, and I use it on and off with different pedals.
I dont use it for dirt, just to sustain my sound when necessary.
It does amplify whatever is coming into the pedal, so if you have a noisy effect before it, you will get loud noise coming out, but if you run a clean rig it is great for leads and really giving you some presence.

Trending Topics