Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Compressor

Brettski

I'm really intrigued by the Pigtronix stuff. The polysaturator in particular. I had a Sparkle Drive before my illustrious brother "acquired" it. The simultaneous tone thing is really cool, especially without lugging around another 4x10 DeVille.

mobis8

That is what I am saying. I am a huge Biffy Clyro fan and love the sound he uses blending a clean and dirty amp together. This seems to get that same feel...

steinwand

It sounds great, but suffers from a very bad layout (IMHO)
In/Out jacks on one side ... not very pedalboard friendly

mobis8

I noticed that too... Seems kind of an odd design, however I don't think that would be an issue in my case as I have all of my pedals on a shelf hooked up to a gcx. I am going to have to try this pedal out!!

gag halfrunt

A fellow of infinite jest

I love the layout, because I can turn it sideways to save space on the pedalboard, and have both in/out on top. If it works as advertised, it will be an "always on" pedal when I use the pedalboard, so there are no worries about knocking knobs around.

nibus

It looks like a great comp, but from the demos I find the added grit to just sounds bad.... YMMV of course

Rocksully

I have the Philospher's Tone.
I really like this pedal.
It is fantastic for sustain. I have mine after my Keeley Compressor, and I use it on and off with different pedals.
I dont use it for dirt, just to sustain my sound when necessary.
It does amplify whatever is coming into the pedal, so if you have a noisy effect before it, you will get loud noise coming out, but if you run a clean rig it is great for leads and really giving you some presence.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom