Pigtronix Polysaturator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JohnMS, Jan 31, 2008.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Member

Hi!

Did anyone try out the Pigtronix Polysaturator at NAMM? Looks interesting... I'm still looking for a distortion pedal with copious and vast amounts of signal saturation... I fear I'll probably wind up stacking boxes...

2. carltonh

carltonh Member

I think these are out now, anyone try them?

3. Laxrappa11

Laxrappa11 Member

i feel like part of the name might be falsely convicing you of its capabilities. that being said, i own a EP-1 and its the sweetest pedal in my possession. never messed with any other pigtronix pedals though

4. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

Pigtronix gear is great, the overdrive on the disnortion is great and that's what the polysaturator is absed on, but with an extra eq section. Dave Koltai is a cool guy who would answer any questions you might have. I have a echolution, attack sustain, and both a disnortion and EP-1 in the mail, and that's saying alot since I'm currently cutting down the size of my pedal board.

5. carltonh

carltonh Member

I got to play the Polysaturator quite a bit and hear others play it too at the Dallas Guitar Show today. I also got to play the Mad Professor Little Green Wonder. I bring that pedal up because they were amazingly alike in basic tone... which if you know the LGW, it is extremely good and natural sounding. The Polysaturator was just as good and it can get Marshallish to Dumble-lish, and does great at low to medium high gain.

So I'll repeat, extremely responsive amp like pedal... but then I played the Disnortion too. I admit thinking poorly of this pedal because most demos I had heard were awful to ok. It does have some fuzz settings that are useless when not in combination with one of the other effects, and the fuzz doesn't do vintage germanium sounds, but other than that, this was an amazing pedal that could out Dumble the GSR that I had, and out metal the Metal Muff that I still have. The Disnortion, quite to my surprise is on a short list of pedals I want. When I get my KOT4 soon, if it is not just great for me, it will be traded for a Disnortion.

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

[​IMG]

I picked this up at the Dallas Guitar Show. I have yet to really get a chance to spend much time with it, but I'll post my thoughts once I do.

7. gururyan

gururyan Member

Well, I can tell you this much so far...I prefer it at 9v vs. the supplied 15v.

8. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

9. gururyan

gururyan Member

I've been digging all the videos you guys have been putting up, I have your Tube page bookmarked and check it daily.

10. ed84246

ed84246 Member

Reb Beach has mentioned loving this pedal for its accurate crunchy Marshall tones.

11. gururyan

gururyan Member

This pedal is fun, I bet it'd be more fun with humbuckers. It doesn't fit with my style though. I'm going to rock it one more time tomorrow before I decide whether or not to put it in the emporium. I'm thinking it'll be moving it on though. It's just too much for my style if that makes any sense.

EDIT:
    It's in the emporium now.

12. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    A big thank you to ProGuitarShop for doing those videos! Great work, professionally done, the best out there IMHO.

TheGrooveking