• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

pine cab birch cab 2x12

jnug

what is the difference gonna be in tone between the two. i know specs make a big difference but wood has to matter as well. is the pine gonna be darker and the birch brighter? i have a birch cab and it is pretty bright and very open and resonant s like crazy, i don't own a pine cab but have been thinking about snagging one, just curious as to what a pine cab might sound like.

trower

[geer/peyj] hubris confusion paralysis by analysis
Gold Supporting Member
In my experience, Birch is less woody and mellower with more rich tone and thump. Great Rock cabinates.. Pine brighter and great for openbacks. I believe a Pine shell with Birch baffles makes for the best sounding cabs overall..

vicdeluca71

I've had both at the same time,Avatar(2x12 openback,birch)and Trutone(2x12 openback,all pine).Long story short,sold the Avatar the following week......Comparison between the two with the same speakers was dead(Avatar) vs. alive(Trutone).The resonance and bass response from the Trutone is sick,I have to turn down the bass considerably compared to the Avatar..Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the Avatar cab in any way,I thought it sounded good before I got the Trutone......I can never go back to birch as far as openbacks go.

QRSS

brutalist
I've had both at the same time,Avatar(2x12 openback,birch)and Trutone(2x12 openback,all pine).Long story short,sold the Avatar the following week......Comparison between the two with the same speakers was dead(Avatar) vs. alive(Trutone).The resonance and bass response from the Trutone is sick,I have to turn down the bass considerably compared to the Avatar..Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the Avatar cab in any way,I thought it sounded good before I got the Trutone......I can never go back to birch as far as openbacks go.
:AOK great info!

jnug

thanks for the responses, i've actually found a pine 2x12 cab with a birch baffle and i think i'm gonna give it a shot.

jnug

Yes.

jnug,who's makes it?......Just curious,it took me a little bit of research to find the Trutone when looking for a cab..
it's a tone tubby cab. i use tone tubby speakers, and i have enjoyed them in every other cab i have had, just never had a pine cab open back. i wish i could try it out first, but it doesn't look like that is a possibility

Trending Topics