• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pinewood Derby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkoelling

A few months ago I posted a couple threads with questions about pine bodied Tele's.

Here's the end result.

Guitar Mill cream bound body, natural gloss

All Parts TMO-C neck in clear gloss

Gotoh tuners

Callaham control plate, pickguard, neck plate & knobs

Vitamin Q PIO cap

CTS pots

CRL switch

Electrosocket

Switchcraft jack

Glendale bridge & saddles

Don Mare Super Sport bridge and S-Telly neck

etc., etc., etc.

Please post your pine bodies!

Thanks

Last edited:

Bo Faulkner

That is a sweet looking piece of pine! Actually It appears to be the average run o the mill southern yellow pine used for construction. Turned out fantastic! I LOVE the natural with double cream binding. Has anyone ever done one out of old school heartpine? (I know that would be alot heavier) I may have to keep my eye out in the scrap pile for my next guitar! How thick does the body measure? Wondering if the 1-1/2" stuff I deal with would suffice.

I'd like to see some more pics of the end grain at the upper and lower bout. +1 on the tone report!

gkoelling

More end grain...

top edge...

I can't really give a tone report yet. I've played it very little today and my arthritis is making things difficult.

Whatever you do, don't get old.

JUSTJOB

That is a sweet looking piece of pine! Actually It appears to be the average run o the mill southern yellow pine used for construction. Turned out fantastic! I LOVE the natural with double cream binding. Has anyone ever done one out of old school heartpine? (I know that would be alot heavier) I may have to keep my eye out in the scrap pile for my next guitar! How thick does the body measure? Wondering if the 1-1/2" stuff I deal with would suffice.

I'd like to see some more pics of the end grain at the upper and lower bout. +1 on the tone report!
It seems to be constructed of good old Northern White Pine, and actually should be very very light in weight. That guitar looks very nice too I might add!
Best Regards!

gkoelling

It seems to be constructed of good old Northern White Pine, and actually should be very very light in weight. That guitar looks very nice too I might add!
Best Regards!
Thanks, JUSTJOB

I believe the body is northern, or sugar, pine. It weighed just 3 pounds, 3 ounces. I don't know yet what the completed guitar weighs.

Sweet!!

Beautiful grain pattern and the pick guard works great on it. :AOK

Thanks for posting.

Chris Rice

I learned so much about woodworking (among other things) from the pinewood derby with the Boy Scouts. My first year I didn't get all the way down the track. Next year pulled first in the pack. Year after that got second place in the district finals.

Can you pick out the pines? ;)

Elmer

hell is chrome
Damn, y'all got some sweet lookin' wood... I had no idea pine guitars even existed.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics