• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pink Floyd style blues tune and BT

journo

Hi,

I posted a thread where everybody could post what kind of backing tracks people would like to see.
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155720

One request was for a slow blues and another one was for a Pink Floyd style track. That made me remember a track I wrote some time ago where I realized that Dave Gilmour takes so much from the blues.

Another request in the above thread was to keep you surprised so while this is a slow blues style track inspired by the sounds of Pink Floyd it is not a standard 12-bar blues.

Still hope you will enjoy having a go at it.

BT King

Cheers,

Mats N

Rid

Thanks Mats:)
Bug only, the drive for the lower drive is one of my modded TS-9s.
The final lead is my old SD-2:)
Delays are my two DD-2s(one is a DSD-2) also slightly modded for 1:1 signal level.
Comp is a CS-3, used a CE-3 before the drives for a slight modulation, reverb is a LXP-1 set on Hall, plugged into my consoles loop for parallel mix.

Guitar Dave T

Hi Mat!

Very cool BT and especially cool final track. I love your tone and phrasing.

A coule questions: I listened to some of your Jazz/Rock tracks and found many of the lead tones to be really articulate and warm-tube sounding, much more D-amp than I can get with a Zendrive into a real 40 watt tube amp. Is that the GS-10 doing all that? How suitable would the GS-10 be for a through-PA backup amp in a live situation?

Thanks for posting these - Very inspiring work!

journo

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your kind words about my music.

Regarding your question about the D-amp sounds. I've been searching for that kind of dynamic sound for a very long time. Some of the tracks you are referring to are just the guitar and the Boss GS-10. Then I got a Barber Burn Unit a that was one flavor of that sound I was looking for but I still felt I wasn't quite there. Then I got an Ethos and that's it. I programmed a warm sounding clean patch in the GS-10 and then put the Ethos between the guitar and the GS-10. The Ethos allows not only picking dynamics but also rolling off the guitar volume and my favorite trick which is riding the volume using a volume pedal in front of the Ethos. I really like the expressiveness this allows me.

I haven't tried the GS-10 into a PA system but I have a friend who uses the Boss GT-8 (uses the same amp algorithms as the GS-10) direct into the PA when playing live and he likes it. Stereo out direct to FOH and monitoring through the stage monitors. I know of another person who uses a Tech 21 full range amp as stage monitor and then goes FOH.

Good luck in your tone hunt!

Cheers,

Mats N

Guitar Dave T

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your kind words about my music.

Regarding your question about the D-amp sounds. I've been searching for that kind of dynamic sound for a very long time. Some of the tracks you are referring to are just the guitar and the Boss GS-10. Then I got a Barber Burn Unit a that was one flavor of that sound I was looking for but I still felt I wasn't quite there. Then I got an Ethos and that's it. I programmed a warm sounding clean patch in the GS-10 and then put the Ethos between the guitar and the GS-10. The Ethos allows not only picking dynamics but also rolling off the guitar volume and my favorite trick which is riding the volume using a volume pedal in front of the Ethos. I really like the expressiveness this allows me.

I haven't tried the GS-10 into a PA system but I have a friend who uses the Boss GT-8 (uses the same amp algorithms as the GS-10) direct into the PA when playing live and he likes it. Stereo out direct to FOH and monitoring through the stage monitors. I know of another person who uses a Tech 21 full range amp as stage monitor and then goes FOH.

Good luck in your tone hunt!

Cheers,

Mats N
Then it's the Ethos I'm hearing, thanks.

I hear the amp-like pick interaction - very impressive.

Caribou

Gold Supporting Member

journo

Sweeeeeeeeet! Love the atmospheric playing and the tones. Nice wang bar work too-- very tasteful and not overdone. Certainly Gilmour-approved. The lead tones at the end kill too....wow

The BT is killer too Mats!
Hi Caribou,

Thanks for your kind words. Cool to know my music is played in Vermont.

Cheers,

Mats N

Trending Topics