pink strat, scott peterson, anyone ? what tremelo that is killer has tbs?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I had a Kaden flutter trem-with tbs which ROCKED on clean stuff, but was not pedal friend and got very thin and weak when overdrive was present.

I had a flip tremelo, which was pretty decent, little big, no true bypass, but still just wasn't.... it, ya know?

I am thinking on GIVING up! on trems....
    Any last try trem I gotta try? The semaphore ? I REALLY want the pedal to be true bypass.... I know most trem's FOR WHATEVER reason do not have TBS.... very strange....

2. Passenger84

Passenger84 Supporting Member

I really like T-Rex's Tremster.

Unfortunately, it almost never fails the best trems I ever hear are in old amps...the Gibson Falcon, and such. I heard the trem on a '66 St. George one time and it blew me away.

The being said, I know EHX makes the Wiggler, which is supposed to be trem and modualtion run by two 12AX7 tubes. ??? I've never heard it, though. Sorry, I'm not much help! Peace.

3. tuna

tuna Member

Fulltone Supa Trem, it is TBS. Great sounding trem pedal. I have a Carr Rambler that has a nice trem, but the Fulltone sounds much fatter. It does seem to increase the volume a little when you kick it on.

4. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Demeter gets lotsa props...

5. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

If by tbs, you mean true bypass, there are now a lot more true bypass tremolos - Catalinbrad Semaphore, Cusack Tap a Whirl, Empress Tremolo, EHX Pulsar, Frantone Vibutron, Red Witch Pentavocal, Kaden Fluttertone, Monster Swamp Thang, HBE Tramp, Voodoo Labs Tremolo, and the TC Jauernig Twin Rate.

6. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

If you can find one, the Bruce Bennett Music Labs - "XXX Pulsator Tremolo"
is a sweet, true by pass trem that can get very swampy and has a great boost feature that makes it THROB!

7. granite

granite Member

I've struggled to find a Trem that was musical and not a one trick pony. I've owned and sold many. I just picked up an Empress Trem and I'm REALLY impressed. This thing is amazing. Tap tempo, different "rhythm" patterns, two speed ramping, different wave patterns, and True Bypass. As a bonus to me, it's Orange! See my gear pics for why Orange is cool.

Not a cheap trem, but probably the last one you'll buy.

8. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Supa-trem or Demeter for me please.

9. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

10. daphil_1

daphil_1 Member

I currenly use a T-rex tremster - its real nice. Much prefer it to the Demeter Tremulator I had 6 months ago.