Pitch/Octave Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitarmiester, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Member

I freed up some room on my board and wanting to add some sort of pitch/octave pedal. The MicroPog is probably what I'm after but the pedal is a bit wider than I can work with once factoring in I/O. All I'm looking for is blending an octave above and/or below for overtones.

Boss has a lot of options but I really don't need or care for the harmonizing capabilities that consume the PS5 & 6. The PS3 gives me jazz hands, if I can find one. What are some octave pedals you guys are using? Preferably Boss sized and the ability to mix the octave into my signal instead of overtaking, like the Whammy.

2. jordane93

jordane93 Member

How about an EQD Organizer

3. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

4. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

MAK Octronix ... Absolutely love mine!

5. Belmont

Belmont Member

6. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

Purely for octaves, I use my POG2 if there's space, and the Mooer Pure Octave if I need something small that cops the MicroPOG sound.

7. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

pitch fork has been popular lately, I go Pog2 but that definately won't work for you if the Micro is too big. Maybe a Boss OC2/3 if all your after is octaves.

Personally I'm happy with my pog2, does a lot more than just octaves, very versatile pedal for being an octave pedal.

8. HughesP

HughesP Member

I just picked up a pitch fork and am pretty happy with it. Really well priced too.

9. evan132

evan132 Member

T rex octavius is another good one and it also has a very decent boost built into it. I believe its slightly smaller than the micro pog and has top mounted jacks.

10. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Member

A lot of good suggestions I wouldn't have thought to check out, thanks guys. Gonna look into a few of these a bit more after work. The EHX PitchFork looks pretty sick and is small. I haven't heard much about the mak and T Rex ones so I'll see what's up with those later on today.

11. john beddoe

john beddoe Member

My pitch fork just arrived. I wanted it mainly for faux bass sounds. Its too thin sounding for that. My mutiplexer does a far better job with the filter, even if the tracking isn't as good. The POG2 trumps for this. I stupidly sold it as i was looking for something smaller

12. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

well, I guess if you can wait a little longer, it appears that EHX is going to be releasing a nano version of the micro pog, otherwise its the same pedal, just smaller.

13. john beddoe

john beddoe Member

yes, i'd like to check out the nano pog but i think the filter is the key component on the POG2 for me for that fat, woody bass sound.

14. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

I was thinking in getting the Pitchfactor but I just read that it's not polyphonic...

15. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I agree, the low pass filter is very handy on the Pog2, makes it easy to dial a bass sound.

16. FLYING V 83

FLYING V 83 Pedal Trading Guru Silver Supporting Member