Pitch transposer in pedal form?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sparky6string, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

Anyone aware of such a thing or familiar with the effect? I heard it recently and I want to make it part of my sound. Thanks.

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    If you are talking about changing the pitch of the note, then there are a few pedals that can do that. BOSS Pitch Shifters, Harmonizers, the new Digitech HarmonyMan.

TheGrooveking

3. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

No that's not it. Here's a Youtube vid of someone using one. It doesn't come in until 6:12. I just posted a question about it but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GkjWw8pRwA

4. cube

cube Member

sounds like the pog

5. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

He is using the Eventide for that, but he is not just transposing the pitch, he is adding delay/reverb on it, plus some modulation. As to doing this with one pedal, that would be tough, but you can with a few. The Digitech Harmony Man, or the BOSS Pitch Shifter, or the BOSS Harmony pedals along with a delay, reverb and some chorus pedals could do this.

Less expensive rack units that will do a good job are the Digitech DHP33 or DHP55. Plus the TC G.FORCE and to some extent the G.MAJOR. Even though he calls it pitch transposing, it's the same thing as harmonizing.

TheGrooveking

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

Also realize he is running a W/D/W rig, the bottom 212 is mono and the two 1-12's are the stereo effects which run through the Eventide, Art Multiverb SE reverb and the ADA MP-1 and on some clips he is using a Mesa Rectifier Recording preamp.

TheGrooveking

7. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

One of the cheapest ways to get the sound in the video is with a Line 6 Verbzilla on the Octo setting.

Bryan

8. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

I figured as much since at times he goes from having the effected signal along with his dry tone to just the effected signal. Drat. I won't drag all that around just for that effect. I've purposely kept my rig simple and that's not gonna change now, but I really love that effect and can see myself using it live.

What is really attracting me to it is when he switches to the wet rig only it doesn't even sound like a guitar anymore. The fluid changes in pitch is probably key. Keeping that in mind which of the suggested pedals should I start with? And BTW thanks a lot for the suggestions guys.