Place to buy bulk strings online?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by unphotogenic, Dec 13, 2005.

1. unphotogenic

unphotogenic Member

I'm looking for a place to buy strings by the box(whether it be 10 or 12 packs) I decided I'm going to use them all eventually anyway so why not buy them all at once. I use Elixer electic 11's and acoustic 12's and DR elictric 11's hi beams. Maybe even try out those everly alloy 52 in 11's. Anyhow a list of good online string stores would be nice. Thanks. :cool:

2. Gary Shetler

Gary Shetler Guest

I've been buying strings from http://www.juststrings.com and have had excellent service. I use S.I.T. strings and JustStrings always has them in stock. Pretty good pricing, too.

3. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Member

webstrings.com
    juststrings.com
    roadiesfriend.com
    musicmotel.com

and of course... musiciansfriend, samash, music123, americanmusicalsupply .com

4. 908SSP

908SSP Member

5. gtrnstuff

gtrnstuff Member

6. shuffle

shuffle Member

that 'e' word..

7. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

**for me** webstrings suck - bigtime. I've been a D'Addario user for decades and I always come back to them. Totally subjective topic however.

If you like D'Addario's, you can buy 'em at MF - 10 sets for $29 - not a bad price.

8. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

the bulk strings from juststrings.com are great!

9. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Member

i'm not in disagreement there. they are cheap, but I feel like the quality is directly correlated to what webstrings actually charges. so yes, they do suck. my personal experience went like this. ordered 24 sets and they came in the mail. approximately 50% were decent, the other 50% of the sets were tarnished and oxidized when i took the new strings out of the package. but for $2.35 a set, you get what you pay for. i have since gone back to Ernie Ball's. go figure.