Placing a Lavacable order soon

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by majorledhead, Feb 17, 2009.

1. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I was going to place an order with LavaCable for some new cables. In particular I'm after a pedal board kit, then a 15' cable between the board and a Fulltone TTE, then a 4' cable to my Roccaforte. The question is with all the choices that Mark offers. I don't want to judge or purchase by price alone. So whats your opinions on the different brands of cables and ends that are offered. What about that "Lava Rock" option. anyone using that ? The tone at the end of the signal path should be a medium gain classic rock sound, rich in mids with no sizzle.

2. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

Someone gotta have an opinion on LavaCables brands and choices.

3. VinceM

VinceM Silver Supporting Member

I'm sure others will chime in here, but definitely give Mark a call and talk it over with him. His recommendation to me was excellent - the Sommer Stratos - but I was looking for a cable to optimize my clean jazz tone of my humbucker equipped Guild jazzbox. He really knows his products and is a great resource to help you get a cable matched to your needs.

Vince

4. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

My rig is Lava ELC in front of the pedals, Lava ELC mini on the board and Proel Challenge cable going to the amp.

5. es125luv

es125luv Member

I use the Lava ELC for everything and the Mini ELC for my board.

6. mprvise

mprvise Member

You will probably get as many opinions as there are choices. I dig the Evidence Melody stuff, and have for years - sounds great and I've never had one fail. Just ordered a board kit from Mark for a loop switching system I'm setting up on the big board - we'll see how I like it.

7. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member

+1 I use the same cables too

8. goodwill559

goodwill559 Member

I don't really have opinions on his brands and choices, but based on experience, I do have the opinion that Canare cables and at least one right angle plug per cable works great for me.

I also think Mark is receptive and produces good products.

I'm just a straight ahead rocker that likes to play metal, so YMMV.

9. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Use the lava elc for your board ( I custom solder my ends ) and from your last sentence, buy either the Lyric HG cable or the Sommer Grindycop Beast. With these 2 cables you would find exactly the tone you're wanting.

10. CALI68

CALI68 Member

I use Lava's ELC cables guitar to pedal board and pedal board to amp. All the cables on my pedal board are Lava as well.

Outstanding cable / outstanding service!

-Chris