• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Planet Waves In=Out technology

pold

For those still losing sleep on cables, do you know if the Planet Waves In=Out technology eliminates noise and hum more than any other good cables?

jbird

I've never thought of a cable as a means of eliminating noise or hum? Just the same as one may not want a cable to color their tone! I would concentrate on the source of the noise/hum 1st, then decide which level of cable your pocketbook is happy with! There was a cable shootout in GP mag several months ago, FWIW.

aziltz

what kind of techno-babble is "in = out technology"?
i use Planet Waves cables, and although I don't know what "In=Out Tech" is, they do do something where the shield is attach to ground at one end and not the other, and its supposed to reduce noise.

I don't know how well it works, but these are the best cable's I've ever used and the most expensive i'm willing to pay for.

pold

i use Planet Waves cables, and although I don't know what "In=Out Tech" is, they do do something where the shield is attach to ground at one end and not the other, and its supposed to reduce noise.

I don't know how well it works, but these are the best cable's I've ever used and the most expensive i'm willing to pay for.
I am using Evidence Audio cables, I like them, but I was just wondering if Planet waves reduce more noise...anybody had the chance to compare them?

aziltz

no sorry, I haven't compared them to other boutique/high end cables, but they are miles above standard cheapo cables, as I suspect the Evidence Audio Cables are.

Trending Topics