• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Planet Waves Pedal Tuner USERS!

Conflict

Hi guys.

Just curious if you guys are facing the same problem I am facing.

The pedal, when placed with the mute mode (the output jack where it mutes the tuning process), it'll produce this subtle hum/frequency when you hit a string.

Meaning, when you activate the pedal, and you pick a string to tune; the pedal response to the tuning but produces this EEEEEEEEEEEEE (like a static hum but with a rounder tone? :p) sound.

It'll stop the moment I mute the strings from the tuning/ringing process. And it'll come back once I pick another string.

Any idea what might be causing this issue? Thanks.

Rgds,
Conflict

DGDGBD

yeah, its sounds like a mosquito buzzing around your head right? They do that-its annoying. Otherwise its a great tuner. I use mine with the "tuner out" part of a looper so that buzz doesn't come thru the amp when I'm tuning.

Conflict

It forces me to go into the other mode, where it isn't muted. It sucks.

So it isn't just my pedal? It is a norm for all planet waves tuner pedal?

Yes, its a mosquito buzzing-like sound. ZZZ

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
I've also noticed (i.e., hated) that "feature" of the PW tuner. It's a great, easy to read tuner, but when my amp is really cooking, that little mosquito sound sounds like a swarm is approaching...

DGDGBD

Another problem with PW is that it is impossible to read the LED outside in bright sunlight. So if you gig outside a lot, its a problem. I rigged a short black plastic tube that I fit over the pedal so that i can see the LED better during outside gigs.

Conflict

So the issue is because its sharing power supply?

Now that you've mentioned, I'm using 1Spot for my drives and PW tuner. Hmmm may consider an isolated power supply then.

Trending Topics