• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Planet Waves Tru-Strobe Tuner - How Many Pedals Can It Power?

MartinC

Title says it all really, but here's some more detail ...

I have a tru-strobe and 3 other pedals that all need 9v DC and 200Ma ... I've googled to see if I can find more about the tru-strobe's daisy chain powering features, but can't find any details.

So, how many pedals can it power?

While I'm here, my pedal chain looks like this:

Tru-strobe -> Fulltone Clyde -> Zendrive -> Boss RC-20 -> AMP

Do I have the best order?

Thanks for your help?

rosslevans

if its like the boss tu-2, that max mA is 200, so depending on how much the tuner alone uses, take the "left over" mA and see what the mA requirements are for the other pedals. I believe all of yours are 9v DC so that works. Just a matter of figuring out the mA from there. surely it will power at least one other pedal.

hope this helps

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
i'm not sure what the rating even means here; pedals like this don't "power" anything! they're just jumper connections for whatever wall wart or power supply is actually doing the work.

as such, the mA limits of that power supply are what should matter.

MartinC

Thanks for the responses so far.

Anyone else with actual experience using a 9v 200Ma power supply to a Planet Waves Tru-Strobe and then daisy chaining to multiple other pedals?

Trending Topics