• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Plankster #1......

Southern ILL

One Piece Pine Body
Musikraft Neck
Blasted Wilky Bridge plate
GFS Fatboy
Nitro Clear

Its about 6.5 pounds....thanks for the comments.

Last edited:

Southern ILL

More to come soon....but I've got a mess everywhere and plus I took a few builds on....I need to get some kind of organization.......Clean up detail starts now and through the weekend.....Should be starting/spraying Roundup Orange by middle of next week....I'm looking forward to it too.

CitizenCain

How does the GFS pickup sound? It looks beefy as hell! Were the knobs and control plated blasted also? I assume you mean bead blasted?

Very cool!

Southern ILL

Actually,thats the look I wanted......the brass/copper look is actually I think the zinc base to get the chrome to stick to the steel bridge plate.......everything else steel wooled or RS guitar works pots and caps......which hooked up to that fatboy is crazy good for the money......

I grounded the bridge plate this way......

Since I have been doing it this way I also sanded the bottom flat and in doing so notice the copper or brass look under the finish.....thought it would look good so went ahead and did the whole thing......I belive if you media blasted it.....you take off the zinc oxide? or what ever the copper looking base is ......Mighty Mite makes a brass bridge and are availiable over on flea-bay.

todd richman

+1 for SouthernIll-the yellow Esquire is great looking and I bet sounds amazing with a Pine body and that huge GFS Fatboy pickup.

Southern ILL

I'm really happy it with .....its a hit around here for sure.I took it to church this morning and its my new favorite........

Got a few requests....and a few hate mails,LOL!!!

Thats OK...I'll probally never put together a "traditional" Blackguard NOCASTER/Broadcaster guitar.....but will stick with thin Nitro finish....quality pots and caps.etc....I can smack them around some....but I won't abuse it.....just some tastful and comfortable aging.....2 bodies coming this week and I have a nice Reverend Roundhouse 290 up on the desk getting a make over and new pots and caps.........More coming soon.

Csapo

Double Platinum Member
That is very cool!!!! :AOK

Nice job. :BEER

Did you cut your own pick guard of custom cut?

Southern ILL

Its a quality aftermarket Esquire guard......sanded the cut edge....this guitar is so much fun and its feather weight but resonates so well.....

Can't wait to get strated on the next 2!!

Trending Topics