1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Planning my next partocaster and a question

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by clothwiring, Feb 14, 2012.

1. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

I'm in the planning stages of making my next partocaster. I'm planning on a Telecaster with a neck humbucker. I'll only have one vol, one tone and the selector. The question arose... To handle having a humbucker and single bridge what are you guys using for pots and caps? I'm after a darker tone in the guitar (it'll be used primarily for jazz). I'm thinking 250k pots and a 0.050 uf cap? Although a 0.1 uf cap would yield a darker tone I'm thinking because of the neck humbuker I should use a 0.05 uf cap. I am not a guy who likes much bright twang in his Tele so I don't need the bridge to be bright. Let me know if my thoughts are astray.

Thanks!

2. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  3. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

Thank you sir! Good information.