Plate Reverb an Delay in one pedal

pedrozepelim

I need a good plate reverb and a simple delay, in one pedal.
After some research I can only find two options: Keeley Delay Workstation and Crazy Tube Circuits Sidekick.
My priority is the plate reverb. The delay is just an added bonus.
Does anyone have some experience with this pedals?

Grendel2000

Silver Supporting Member
What about the Source Audio Collider? It fits the bill... No experience with it personally but it definitely has both and has a great reputation.

Kennyscrown

Ventris, has great plate, very flexible and people say very realistic - I’ve not heard a real plate in person but it sounds good to me.

also has a delay/reverb engine, and you can use it as just delay. You can use two engines at the same time. It’s brilliant.

Naigewron

Ventris, has great plate, very flexible and people say very realistic - I’ve not heard a real plate in person but it sounds good to me.

also has a delay/reverb engine, and you can use it as just delay. You can use two engines at the same time. It’s brilliant.
The Delay in the Ventris isn't particularly flexible though. In the Source Audio world, I'd much rather recommend the Collider here. Same Plate reverb engine as the Ventris (plus a few others), and some great delay engines too.

Kennyscrown

The Delay in the Ventris isn't particularly flexible though. In the Source Audio world, I'd much rather recommend the Collider here. Same Plate reverb engine as the Ventris (plus a few others), and some great delay engines too.
Fair enough, though if the reverb is the priority as the OP states, the Ventris will enable a lot more editing of the plate than the Collider.

Philo

Collider is what you want, unless you need the ability to make EXTENSIVE edits to the plate algorithm. It will do minor tweaks fine.

rsmith601

Vendor
Simple test to see if your plate reverb acts like a real plate.
100% wet. Time to zero (full damper). Add a second of pre delay, if you have it. Slap and mute your strings. You should hear one clean thud from the speaker a second later. If you hear digital noise and crackling, then the plate model in the pedal is not faithful to a real plate.

Trending Topics