• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Plate, Room or Spring Reverb for your amp?

rotren

If you have a digital reverb unit with different kinds of reverb, which kind do you prefer for your guitar tone, and why?

• Plate reverb?
  • Room reverb?
  • Spring reverb?
  • Other (what)?

Just curious to hear what people go for!

Ryan84

I usually keep my Hall Of Fame on Room With A View (subte mod). I have a FRV-1 that I use for Spring. But Spring by nature a lot of the time is too trebly for me. Sounds right on surf guitar of course, but I tend to get fussy about the nuances. I guess Church would go in the other (what) section for me, because I love it. Plate I just never have dug, don't know why. Room is kind of my end all be all, slight decay for most stuff and crank the decay when I go ambient and pretend I'm making movie soundtracks in my room lol.

Empros

I use the Room setting on my HoF the most as an always on kind of thing. I can set it pretty subtle and it doesn't get in the way of my guitar tone.

Trending Topics