Play like a Pirate - the bjfe Model R !!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Don Rusk, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

RRR Me Hardies - its Annual International 'Talk like a Pirate day' so Ill be playing a model R tonight into a tasty fendeRRR with lots of RRRReverrrb :BEER

2. dbx

dbx Member

arrrgh donnerrrr....arrre these now parrrt of bjorn's prrroduction line? shiver me timbrrres...where's that X? :hiP

3. Craise

Craise Member

Let's talk about the RRRRRR !
    Ok...so from what I understand it's a High Gain Marshally pedal (zztop Vh?) with a Resonance knob that controls the touch sensitivity?
    Not sure if I have that right... What does it do from CCW to CC?
    How does it compare to the Dyna Red? and EGDM? From your clips it almost sounds like a cranked JCM800 or if a EGDM and Dyna had a baby.
    I will own one for sure!!! ;)

Donner Box's are not only good for effects! Tastes good too! :)
    [​IMG]

4. onemind

onemind Member

We have a pirate on our team?
    [​IMG]

5. Phil M

Phil M Member

Did anyone happen to catch that show Wife Swap last night with the pirate family? There an hour I can't have back, but I couldn't look away...

6. Don Rusk

That be a noooo laddy !! The RRRR will only be a customshop model and only a few at a time - time for some plank walkin rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7. Don Rusk

8. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

That was Hilarious. What a great sense of humor on Tomo. Reminds me of the time in boot camp when we tried to make the guy from Massachussettes talk like a Pirate. Awwwahhh.

The Dread Pirate Steve be in no man's debt!

9. Don Rusk

Yummy yummy yummy gots some Doner in my tummy :horse could it be mystery meat ??

YYYYYYYuck!!!

Well the RRRR is a tweeked distortion - concentrating on the relationship between singing mids, distortion complexity and compression - a real quality high gain/sustain sound that holds together but sounds lively----- and like a good high gain sound you can also turn it down and have a very useful medium and even low gain tone ---- the 'R' control effects the resonant peak of the pickups ----- I found it also works reeeally well with Voxes and could also be a bigger meaner brother to the EGDM or a good pushier,middier lead companion to the DRD ---- so yeah DRD/ EGDM fans will enjoy this one.....

things is ~ the same thing that makes it kill with some rigs (finely tuned mid/distortion) is the same thing that makes it s*ck with others......

But it seems to like the British stuff best Celestions/ Marshalls and Voxes .... (dont all the best Pirates have British accents anyway ; ] )

but it sounded terrible on a 2 x 10 SF Vibrolux and some Fenders with Jensens (these have a mid scoop which defeats some of the tweeked magic in that range.....)

for now the R stands for Research :YinYang

10. bduguay

bduguay Member

This past Friday was my companys ( not my company, just the one I work for....you know what I mean) golf tournament and there was a prize for best team costume. My buddy here at work was on a team that dressed like pirates and called themselves 'the Putt Pirates'
    Instead of a hook, my buddy sacrificed an old 5 iron and used that instead. They all wore patches on one eye, had the big feathery pirate hats and puffy shirts, the whole shootin match. Needless to say they won the prize but the best part was the post tournament dinner.
    After a few cans of aiming juice were consummed, every 'R' in every word used by anyone was exaggerated loudly and longly.
    Good times.
    B.

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Hey Don, sweet clips dude. I love the sound of that pedal!...I wondering how it would sound with that MBMV I'll be pickin' up off of you soon :);):D I really like youre car :)

12. fatback

fatback Member

Bjorn is a madman! In the best possible sence. :D

13. Don Rusk

my car?

14. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

No, your cARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

15. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

16. Don Rusk

17. ronin32

ronin32 Member

Arrr, he be the one of the creators of talk like a pirate day!

http://talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

18. drone62

drone62 Active Member

But....I dont wanna be a pirate!!!