Played a couple new Lentz guitars

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by lv, Jun 5, 2006.

1. lv

lv Supporting Member

Great instruments. Perfect build quality, not a flaw in sight. Both lightweight, with nice big necks. Most importantly, they both rang like a bell when played acoustically. The new headstock looks awesome in person.

2. Reeek

Reeek Member

They sure do intrigue me but I would have been happier having one before Fender got ahold of him. Nothing bad about his new designs though. Some of the recent pics posted here make me lightheaded ;)

3. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...since I have posted a lot of my Lentz pics recently, I'll take that as a compliment.

4. fatback

fatback Member

Did anyone take pics of the Lentzs at the Chicago tone fest?

5. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

The ones I saw at Tonefest were both quite attractive and great sounding. They are unique enough to not be mistaken as someone elses guitar/models, without looking too weird. I didn't care for the necks (personal preference only), but the fit, finish and fretwork were exemplary. Regret I didn't take any pics of them, but I'm sure someone did.

6. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...I sure hope so because one of the guitars Scott sent made me lightheaded when I gave it a whirl...it sounded so incredible...why I even got all dizzy and stuff just by lookin' at it...that gorgeous flame 'burst HSL...what a looker!

7. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Love his new design, sans the flacid pickguard.

8. Zane

Zane Member

[​IMG]

9. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...time for another Lentz:crazy
    ...a picture IS worth a thousand words...:messedup

10. the_pedal_nazi

the_pedal_nazi Member

Yeah guys, eat your heart out!!! This HSL ain't going nowhere for now :JAM

I just took a couple pics after getting everything unloaded from Tone Fest! The guitar is F@#king SLAMMIN!

Now get this, I open the case at on Friday and go "OK Scott, you nailed the Epi thing here, but the top kinda of bored me and then... Holy ****"!

Hey Lou, I assume you were there right?? I would have loved to meet you bro... I put the Lentz's in Dan Boul's booth for the show and had Phil Miller use the HSL for GDS Amps demo on stage. Did you get a chance to crank it through an amp or two??

Fatback, this HSL is amazing in tone, weight and playability IMO. Big ass neck (I do like em bigger, just ask Frankenstrat) with bigger strings and roll off the fret ends a little, but that is personal setup and no thang for me to tweak out...
    I'm normally not a flame top, LP inlay type dude (real tele player here), but I'm am so in love with this guitar I cannot believe it! I love the body style, very tele meets strat without the body contours which is sooooo comfortable when playing IMO.
    The mid-late 50's Epi Zephyr stye burst, the gorgeous matched top with killer 3D flame (just great wood is used, no tricks in using dye etc to articulate the quilt...), this INSANE finish is nitro laquer and is ultra thin, super high gloss without one bit of stickyness (can you believe he sprayed that finish a little over 3 weeks ago?? OMG!)! Scott is the real deal for me for complete craftmanship, top to bottom handmade pups and guard and all... He laquered the guard and knobs for some serious vintage mojo vibe... Jeez... Dan Boul from 65 Amps really dug it and from the moment he walked in at 830AM, he fired up his amps, plugged the HSL in and began to lay down some serious tone! I then proceeded to ask him to turn down after a while, but boy I didn't want to cuz it was a REAL tone combo for me!

I'll put the SSL though it's paces later in the week or next and report back with pics and such... Tomo Fujita really dug the finish and look of the SSL... Hopefully we will see one in his hands soon!?!

Hey Andy,
    It was nice to meet you and have you come on over to my space to speak to Jon Cusack, Brad from Tone Factor, Marc Alhfs and a few other friends of mine while I was wiring up a pedal with a serious case of an overhang! :messedup Great conversation with you, I thought the clinic you and Tomo did of your amp was excellent as I really enjoyed it my friend...!

I'll holla atch yall later...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...great review...

12. fatback

fatback Member

whut da...
    :eek:

WOAHH!
    :jo:messedup

WOW!
    :AOK:drool:dude

thanks for the pics!

13. mountain blues

mountain blues Member

Here's what I know from owning three Lentz guitars and having spent a lot of time on the phone with Scott:

Scott Lentz is a force of tonal nature. The man is a genius with guitars, and once he let go of his love for the classic Fender designs and found his own fountain of inspiration, the sky became the limit.

I am so happy to see these threads celebrating Scott's triumph after being a**-f***ed the way he was.

Scott, Scott Jr. and Ian deserve a tremendous success. Much love to those guys — real master craftsmen and now pioneers in new design. Life really can be good.

14. Reeek

Reeek Member

And rightfully so. In fact, I was breathtaken when you posted your pics ;)

I have a Suhr Tele on the way (July) and a Suhr Classic myself but I confess your post was very, very nice indeed.

15. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...thanks Reeek...wait till Chip comes home! I enjoy posting pics and clips...

16. lv

lv Supporting Member

Sorry I missed you and no, I did not get a chance to plug it in....my wife was pissed and watned to go home so I had to run out of there quick. Probably good that I did not plug it in as she wants a new house and new guitars are not in the plan for a LONG time.

Does Lentz do the LP topped one with 2 humbuckers? Bet that would be a killer guitar.

17. AJ Love

AJ Love Senior Member

I've got a Lentz HSL coming in 2-4 weeks, really looking forward to it beyond what words can say... I've got a studio album project coming up but I don't want to get started on it until I get my Lentz

18. michaelg

michaelg Member

[​IMG]

I can't put my new hsl down. :RoCkIn

19. Leucadian

Leucadian Guest

...makes me mighty bursty...
    ...thanks for the pics...time to play MINE!:)

20. Curly

Curly Member

amen!

I think Scott got in trouble for a few reasons:
    • some folks couldn't shut up about how good their Lentz was
    • some other folks got jealous, threatened, scared, whatever
    • his guitars are that good :)
    more power to him