1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Played a D/13 for the first time today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by themusicboxstudios, Sep 18, 2005.

1. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

All i can say is that these amps are everything they are hyped up to be. After hearing petemins clips of the FTR 37 i NEEDED to hear one of those amps for myself. I knew his clips were with humbuckers so i was afraid that my tele's would be too bright due to no EQ on the click channel. Boy was i wrong. This amp seems to form a bond with any guitar thats plugged into it and just eq it for you. I plugged into the amp with everything pretty much flat and never tweaked a knob the whole time i was playing it. I'm in love. Now the check ups in the emporium every 5 minutes begins!

btw ... petemins clips are almost dead on ... if you have to buy one of these amps without playing it first ... just pull the trigger :D

2. DerekMinnich

DerekMinnich Member

LOL....I'll keep a lookout for one for you.;)

3. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

So where can I find those petemins clips??

4. themusicboxstudios

if you do a search for divided by 13 clips ... they'll show up. :dude

5. DerekMinnich

DerekMinnich Member

6. themusicboxstudios

Thanks, that's why i love this forum so much!

7. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

GREAT AMPS!!!!!!! I love the FTR37 as much as anything I have ever plugged into for the tones it produces. One of my all time favorite amps.

8. DerekMinnich

DerekMinnich Member

I saw you had a wanted to buy thread up in the emporium. I've seen some go for 23 but I think 23-25 is normal though. I STRONGLY suggest though that you get the matching cabinet. I've said this 100 times before but I didn't have too much luck with the amp with a Jenkins Highway 61 w/ 2 G12h30's...it was boomy. The D13 cab is perfect.

9. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Hey Myron,
    If you haven't found them,I've got them.I can e-mail them to you.

Ted

10. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

Thanks Ted! :) I've found them, now I REALLY need to have a meeting with you bro!:cool:

11. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Anytime man...

Ted

12. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

I kinda agree. It's hard to beat a cab that was specifically built and voiced with a specific amp in mind. Having said that though..one of my all time favorite cabs with either of my /13's is my Bruno semi-open back 4x12 loaded with Alnico Blues. Of course is should also be said that I've never plugged anything into that cab that I didn't love it! I think the key is stick to an open back, preferrably smaller box cab. The 13's have such a HUGE sound that a smaller cab works fantastic with them. It's also a lot easier on the back at the same time.;)

13. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

BTW.... I'll sell you my FTR37!

$10,000.00 shipped insured CONUS!!

just kiddin'. Mine's not for sale..;) :D

but I'll keep an eye out for ya too.:cool:

14. Phil M

Phil M Member

Do these amps overdrive quickly? I think that first clip sounded really cool, but am wondering if that was done at a sane volume. Not bedroom volume, I'm talking for jams and live use. Thanks.

That is one of the few amps that I would consider dumping everything and shelling out for.

15. Phil M

Phil M Member

Not sure if this was directed at me, but did you read what I wrote? NOT for my bedroom.

Thanks.

16. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

To answer your question I usually get all the drive I can use out of my FTR with the click channel volume at around 11:00. Sure she's loud but not ridiculously so by any means. At least not for my applications.

17. themusicboxstudios

i've got the matching cabinet :)

18. themusicboxstudios

and thanks for those keeping an eye out. hopefully i can find a black/cream one to match my cab. i'm bummed because the black ones were showin up quite a bit ... and now none are for sale ... i guess people got smart :rolleyes: .

19. rastaman

rastaman Member

This maybe a stupid question but, what does /13 mean? Is there something behind the name?? Besides a great sounding amp.

20. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Here's a little teaser for ya. This is my SJT 10/20 in black with cream (tan) V and my FTR37 in dark green with cream V. I love them both!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]