Played a dr z maz 18jr mk2 today

jamest364

stumbled into a guitar shop today and plugged a rory gallagher strat into one of these today, absolutely blown away, wasn't expecting to like it as it's el84 based but what a tone, liked everything about it, beautiful cleans, mid gain, and with the boost more gain than i could use, reverb was stunning and with the cut control very flexible.

I'm not familiar with any dr z amps, but after researching there are many new models, ie z master, nova, dlux

Does anybody have any preference over the maz for one of his other amps for bluesy strat style stuff, clasic rock etc and why? cheers all!

jamest364

Great to hear! Guys who are strat players in particular fawn over the MAZ 18. Very pristine bell-like cleans with a strat and an a MAZ.
my thinking too, bought out all the frequencies i like to hear with a strat, sparkly high end without being ton much and a really nice thick low end but still had the zing of the strings and throaty midrange, honestly not sure how I could improve it for my needs

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
MKII version is definitely a big improvement on an already great sounding amp, Congrats!

Tele81

I have a Maz 18 mki and I’m considering the mkii upgrade myself. I have a Z Plus that my dad actually just gifted me! Great amp as well although the Maz still has my heart.

blaster

I actually tried one at a local store of mine and loved it. It sounded great no matter what guitar I plugged into it. It had a Fender/Vox/Marshall vibe to it. It also sounds great a low volumes. I tried one years ago and didn't quite care for it., but the MKII is great.

Trending Topics