Played a Fender Custom Shop '56 Stratocaster Relic

rabbuhl

One word came to mind which was "wow". It was really lightweight, great tone, and the Cruz pickups sounded great in all positions. It has a special boost which required a battery on the back. That is something I would not want. If it was more affordable I might have seriously considered buying it.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought my first Custom Shop Fender ( a 59 CS Journeyman Relic and feel the same way. Before no way am I spending that kind of dough on a guitar. Worth it to me . Amazing guitars.

guitarnut_1

these have been my experiences from the CS relic strats as well. I have not played a bad one. All have been very resonant, light and just amazing guitars.

rabbuhl

these have been my experiences from the CS relic strats as well. I have not played a bad one. All have been very resonant, light and just amazing guitars.
I have not played many of them but this one was really nice except for the boost. It made the Blues Junior I was trying always sound too dirty. I could not get a sparkling clean sound. I should add that it was a lovely sound and great for lead tones. However, I could not turn it off.

Last edited:

rabbuhl

I played the '56 Stratocaster Relic again. I changed my mind about the boost. It is wired to the second tone knob. If you turn all the way counter-clockwise the boost is off. As you turn it clockwise it increases the volume. It seems would be really useful for lead boosts and to control the volume without requiring a boost pedal. I almost wish I could have it on my Strat except without a hole in the body for a battery pack. Anyway, it is a light, resonant, and amazing guitar. The price is only 3295 euros ;)

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
The lighter the 56 ri is, the higher the price tag. things to think about. 7 & 1/2 radius vs 9 & 1/2 radius and soft v or large v. I love mine.

rabbuhl

This one has 22 frets, a 9.5" radius, a boost, 6105 frets, and custom wound John Cruz pickups. I am curious about the 22 frets. Could it be this was a custom order for someone?

rabbuhl

It was a custom order for Fender Europe. It is a Clapton model with some customizations. It has the boost.

Trending Topics