• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Played a Fuchs ODS 50

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Man, what a nice amp. CLeans were georgeous. Not Fender...but definitely had its own thing going on. This model had reverb. What really impressed me though was the drive channel and all the options. Lots of midrange tweaks you could make. On the drive channel I loved how when you would let a note hang...you'd get those overtones that would start as the note was dying. Kind of like feedback except this was at a very low volume. Very cool.

Just to show it all depends on your mood. I played one a few years ago and was unimpressed. That one sounded sterile. This one was alive. One thing I didnt like about either one though is the small knobs and the placment of the lettering is impossible to read. Kind of like a Mesa. You gotta bend down to see what the hell your adjusting. Otherwise...very cool. I had a decent amount of time to futz around with it and after 40 minutes I still didnt want to stop. I'm very curious now as to how the HRM and TDS compare to this.

I've been thinking about making the move to a dumble styled amp. Ceriatone ODS, Quinnamps SDO and now the Fuchs all are appealing. This one was $3200 so I'd have to consider used. Too rich for my blood new unfortunately. But very cool. Thumbs up Andy!!

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Dont ditch the Budda! lol
You made me laugh at that one. Of all things I expected to hear in this thread that wasnt it.

Budda wouldnt be going anywhere. I think that the Budda is one of those amps that you just have to keep no matter what. I've played a few other amps and keep coming back to the Budda and hitting an open A chord and just thinking...."Rock and Roll doesnt get better than this!".

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
You made me laugh at that one. Of all things I expected to hear in this thread that wasnt it.

Budda wouldnt be going anywhere. I think that the Budda is one of those amps that you just have to keep no matter what. I've played a few other amps and keep coming back to the Budda and hitting an open A chord and just thinking...."Rock and Roll doesnt get better than this!".
Your love for the SD45 inspired me to try it and the Budda is HUGE sounding. I was just giving you the business, I had a feeling you would be keeping the 45!

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Your love for the SD45 inspired me to try it and the Budda is HUGE sounding. I was just giving you the business, I had a feeling you would be keeping the 45!
Did you get a SD45 then or another model? (Hijacking my own thread...)

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
Got the 45 with the volume balance pot on the back, the only thing I dont like is the tricky master volume pot!

Trending Topics