• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Played a Germino Lead 55LV last night....

dewman

into a 1x12 combo cab...played for a large party...and it was righteous sounding with an R7, goosed with a little Lovepedal Eternity (level up, gain back) or Swart Atomic Boost (good Rangemaster clone).

Thanks Greg.

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
into a 1x12 combo cab...played for a large party...and it was righteous sounding with an R7, goosed with a little Lovepedal Eternity (level up, gain back) or Swart Atomic Boost (good Rangemaster clone).

Thanks Greg.
I bet that was a blast. I got to play a Classic 45 one night in my house band gig. It was a little too much amp for that venue, but man, what a great amp. Greg's a great guy to boot.

m1911

Hi Dewman...
I heard Stu play one last week and am wondering why you needed to goose that thing at all? Were you playing harder rock?
Anyway....a nice sounding amplifier that I thought sounded great at 4 on the dial....let alone higher. Past noon it was really screamin'.

I hear the LoVo breaks up more than a Classic-45 and a Club-40.
Gregs samples doing some Allmans are as good as any sound-bites I've ever heard online.

Was this YOUR Lead-55-LoVo?

And....(not that it matters) but what Pick-ups are in that R7?

PS: I go to North Carolina every month, and fly in and out of RDU.
I SWEAR someday I'm going to stay over a Saturday night and catch you, Roger, or Mr. Germino himself play.

Tak care,
Mark

mxr2000

Hi Dewman...
I heard Stu play one last week and am wondering why you needed to goose that thing at all? Were you playing harder rock?
Anyway....a nice sounding amplifier that I thought sounded great at 4 on the dial....let alone higher. Past noon it was really screamin'.

Gregs samples doing some Allmans are as good as any sound-bites I've ever heard online.

I SWEAR someday I'm going to stay over a Saturday night and catch you, Roger, or Mr. Germino himself play.

Tak care,
Mark
Gregs Lead 55 Lovo = lead 55LV and man what an sweet sound..:RoCkIn

dewman

Yeah it is my Lead 55 LV. Saved up a while to get her. No we were playing blues and blues rock but I goosed it in order to not blow everyone out. I wanted to be careful with volume control in this specific setting. I could have easily dimed the amp and rode the volume but there were no monitors and I was standing in front of the drums so it was very hard to hear. Better to be quieter than louder I guess. I goosed it with the rangemaster for color and the eternity a few times for dirt at lower volumes.

Pups were vanilla antiquities.

I think a big difference is how you set up that amp. I was going for a cleanish base tone, so I placed the mids and treble at noon and bass at 10 oclock with little presence at all. You can get real nice rhthym cleans with that setup.

The G1265 is an ok speaker. You get the most out of it when cranking it, then it sounds great. With greenbacks a Lead 55 LV sounds great at all volumes to my ears.

Anyway it was a fun jam, Slider313 and Sharkey played exceptionally well (and sang great too). I overheard lotsa compliments for these guys when floating around. They played a few numbers before I joined them.

God bless the South, everyone seems to be a player here...

Hi Dewman...

Tak care,
Mark

Sharkey

Thanks Greg.
Hey Dew,
Righteous; U damn skippy!:bow
You know I'm a Blackface Fender guy through & through and that'll never change but IMHO Greg does Marshall better than Marshall... I wish we could have played longer; smokin tone & tasty chops last night my friend..:AOK

dewman

Ditto my friend. Some amazing players in the house last night. The drummer playing with us (yes folks we had dual drummers last night!) was fantastic.

My fave vintage guitar was the one played by the older gentleman in the first band, a 61 SG custom w/three pickups. All original, and he bought that guitar I imagine back in the early 60s. Whew. And they did a badass Jimmy Reed....

Last edited:

Sharkey

The drummer playing with us (yes folks we had dual drmmers last night!) was fantastic.

My fave vintage guitar was the one played by the older gentleman in the first band, a 61 SG custom w/three pickups. All original, and he bought that guitar I imagine back in the early 60s. Whew. And they did a badass Jimmy Reed....
You must mean this drummer (Donny B.)?

Played in several bands with Donny and he's solid for sure!:bow
He did a fantastic job on "Blue Sky" & "Elizabeth Reid" to have not played these songs in years (very impressive).....

Only pic I have of that Vintage SG ....

My favorite picture of the night! One of my students (you'll hear about this kid one day)!!!

dewman

I have a few picts too I will sort through. They were taken from far away so not so great.

So what is that building used for normally?

Sharkey

It a heavy equipment service shop w/mini storage units in the back section!
Hard to beat that; a shop that pays for itself !!!:AOK