Played a T-Rex through a Glaswerks Dumble clone today...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Miles Long, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Damn, the best lead tone I've ever had! The repeats still had an analog quality to them, leaving a halo of fatness around the bloom and decay of each note! Through my Langueoc hollowbody. I was able with the T-rex to coax laser like EJ tones! I'll be ordering both on Monday.Just thought I'd share...:drool Anyone have the same experience with the T-rex Replica?

2. radcliff

radcliff Member

you have a Languedoc?

3. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Yep, Just took it to Scott Lerner's today and had a field day through the new Glaswerks 50 watter. I'ts # 11, Padauk, Curly Maple and Koa. I posted a clip a while back of the 'Doc. It kills with the Replica!

4. radcliff

radcliff Member

this is like anastasio's guitar am i right?
    could you post a pic, it'd be rad to see

5. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

radcliff, what pedals do you think best compliment that type of amp circuit? The amp I played today I felt no need for any od's or boosts, I was thinking maybe aside from modulation effects, a good wah, and a Mutron, that that would be plenty I thought. I felt the tone of the amp was too nice to have it altered, maybe a klon and comp?

6. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

I don't have photobucket, there are a couple on my myspace that are not that great, I could e-mail you a good one if you could post it! http://www.myspace.com/marcstheman just click on the pics link, and don't laugh too hard at my shirtless pic, lol.

7. radcliff

radcliff Member

Ya know....I bet a Fuchs is a similar circuit to your Dumble clone, and I use an RC Booster, some say it does a Klon thing or similar, but I couldn't justify the coin it takes for a Klon, so I got the RC after watching countless demo videos on their webpage.

I love the RC because its such a sweetener, with a very nice voice in both the Treble Control and the Bass control, you can really get what you want, and you're not stuck with a single knob. I tried a Morning Dew, but the EQ wasn't to my liking.

I see the Dumble circuit as a refined Fender sound, which is probably how it started, and why Andy Fuchs has an easy time turning Twin chassys into Fuchs ODS chassys.

8. radcliff

radcliff Member

I used to play with Trey as my chief influence a few years ago, and sold my compressor to get away from that type of tone. With the very distinct type of attack he uses, I think alot of it has to do with his compressor and a tubescreamer midrange. If I got another compressor, I'd probably get a Keeley...it looks like it could more than do the job.

....that guitar looks real nice, do you get comments on it often?

9. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Yes, it's kind of a mixed blessing, it's a great liability when I play it on the road, some Trey phans said it's blasphemy that I have that guitar, lol. I recently ordered a G&l Legacy Deluxe as a back up, here's an old clip of the Languedoc with my band,http://www.sageband.com/music/Sage-2...agon-Intro.mp3