Played one of Julian Kasper's D'Pergos today.

PFCG

It was really awesome! Had a real nice neck shape. Much more meat to it than im used to, and had this soft V. Really nice job, it felt superb. He plays with 11s and they felt relatively loose. Congrats to D'Pergo for making a great guitar. I wouldn't drop a nut for one of em, but really really good guitar. If anything its all about that neck. He has an original 64 strat neck pickup in it, and it sounds really good!

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
That's very cool .. Luv Julian's playing ..Was it fun to hang with him..?
Ya know he's a member here right?

DWB1960

I own a D'Pergo Julian Kasper Classic and the neck shape and feel is easily it's best attribute! Just plain comfy as hell and a joy to fly up and down.

PFCG

i get to hang with him every week! Hes a professor of mine! And yes i know he is a member, but he dosnt like forums much due to skewed info. Cool ass dude though. I think im gunna try and get another class of his next semester.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
And yes i know he is a member, but he dosnt like forums much due to skewed info. .
Yo ... that's a topic worth discussing right there ...
I can just imagine all the stuff he reads here but that must sound like bull to him ...

lcjc800

I played that guitar, it was one of the finest Strats I ever touched. awesome feeling and the low tension was surprising. Must be that Lake Superior Maple!:drool

Swampash

It was really awesome! Had a real nice neck shape. Much more meat to it than im used to, and had this soft V. Really nice job, it felt superb. He plays with 11s and they felt relatively loose. Congrats to D'Pergo for making a great guitar. I wouldn't drop a nut for one of em, but really really good guitar. If anything its all about that neck. He has an original 64 strat neck pickup in it, and it sounds really good!
I just got my D'Pergo AVC back from Stefan - he put in the new, Limited electronics package - and Stefan pulled a fast one on me....he strung it with 11's!

He'd been telling me how little difference it made, and I kept telling him how I'd tried them before and didn't like them. So he just decided to let me see for myself.
Well, guess again.....they're just fine, and the tone.....:drool

Between the new pups and the 11's - yowza! :D

You know, I had already gotten the AVC before I went to NAMM last month....and I just didn't have the same entheusiasim/gear-lust - that had driven me to pick up everything in the place and take it for a test drive - that I had last year.

I really hadn't connected those two thoughts until just now. But the D'Pergo has really cooled my GAS down to the point where I'm not sure the pilot light is even still lit. :p

OK...so to try to bring this back to topic: I met Julien at last year's NAMM (in the D'Pergo booth)...what a nice, nice guy. And he's a monster, gonzo, superb player too.

Do me a favor, please, and say HI from Don...he likely won't remember me, but tell him anyway, on the off-chance he does.

lcjc800

one thing though guys, it's Julien not Julian. He's worth the effort for proper recognition.:AOK

PFCG

still say it the same way i guess :p

I think he knows im on forums alot already and i try to hide it from him, he may not take me seriously anymore! Chris Buono does the same thing, he hates forums. Both awesome guys and great teachers.

He and i were talking about the 300 dollar mock up paper from D'Pergo and he was pissed that people made up a bunch of ******** about it. Hes a real down to earth guy and has an ear like EJ.

Ill see him tuesday, I gotta play the solo from "Cause we ended as lovers"

Its gotta be Exact! Hes a stickler for getting those bends just right.

Cool note is that he liked my new parker saying he usually puts them down in disgust, but said mine had a soul or something to that effect.

Bassomatic

As long as we're gently correcting the laddy, it's "'Cause we've ended as lovers". Sounds righter, no? ;)

Trending Topics