• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Played the Strymon Timeline Your opinons?

beeswax75

I own several big box delays, and the Timeline is the best for live use (due to the screen/easy presets, etc), though I think the echosystem probably sounds better.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
I go back and forth with my Timeline...it's a classic for a reason, but that doesn't mean it's the best choice for everybody.

It recently made its way back on the board, as four presets in one box beats four separate delay pedals..

LawrenceBr

Do you know of any good (old or new) rack units to look at?
Does anyone make a rack unit delay in a pedal, non modeling?

The DD500 is like having all of the boss DD pedals in one unit? How is the DD200?
I think it should have all those sounds. The dd200 is just a slim downed version and a couple less features, but the same sounds.

Silver

While I sold mine some time ago, I'd say it's a modern classic for good reason(s). I'll get another one day purely for the LoFi mode. It's unlike any other recreation of the same effect or any bitcrusher iteration I've yet tried. On some settings, you get wild harmonics and strange overtones that jump out on certain notes. Bizarre feedback-like things start happening. Unusually 'alive' and organic/unpredictable in that respect for a digital device and effect.

Trending Topics