Played the Suhr Riot with the Band Tonight

Ken

Gold Supporting Member
I just got back from Band Rehearsal and I have to say I am quite pleased with the way the Riot performed. The Riot cuts through the mix like a hot knife through butter. (I know you’ve heard that before, but this time it walks the talk)

My wife is the singer/keyboardist in our band and on the way home she said,”This is the best lead tone you have ever had. It’s a keeper.”

John Suhr has really dialed in this pedal quite nicely.

I’m not a heavy rock or metal guy, we do mostly classic rock and modern pop/rock, and right now I have the Riot set up for singing leads. Once you’re past noon on the gain your really getting into lots of saturation.

The settings I used tonight were:
Gain at about 10:30
Volume is at 2:00
Tone is at 12:00
Toggle in the middle position

This is the best Distortion pedal I have ever played.

chuenx

Interesting~!! how do you compare this one to other high gain pedal like Crunch box and Mighty red distortion??
- Brightness
- Tightness
- Gain/Drive avalialbe
- Bottom end
- Noise
- and so on....

Madison

I’m not a heavy rock or metal guy, we do mostly classic rock and modern pop/rock, and right now I have the Riot set up for singing leads. Once you’re past noon on the gain your really getting into lots of saturation.
This is how I've been using the Riot. The gain knob never gets past 10:00, usually lower than that. Really nice, articulate singing lead. And the build quality is first class, as you'd expect from Suhr. One of the small things, but has anyone noticed how smooth the switch operates, as compared to other true bypass pedals?

rabbit

You know the idiom that involves fuel and fire?! That´s what you just did :D I appreciate sharing your findings with us and will have to continue trying to decide if I want a Riot or Severe or just be content with what I got. Damn GAS!

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
love to check one out at some point but until then I'm real happy with the used Crunch box I just got it suits my style nicely, maybe some will show up in the emporium soon!
Hopefully there will be more clips posted to show the versatilty of the pedal!

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
FINALLY landed one. Will have a video of this vs. Brownie vs. Severe vs. Triple Wreck when it comes.

screamtone

Silver Supporting Member
I checked there site as well and didnt see any Suhr pedals listed, damm I could have drove to there store!
Sorry, they posted on the Suhr forum that they had Riot's in stock.

Looks like it's going to be one of those pedals.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Where did you get it?

look forward to your video!
Alpha, but they are VERY OOS. Got very lucky, just happened to call them at the right time I guess.

It will be my first video, so don't be too eager :)

Trending Topics