• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

playing slow is actualy harder for me than playing fast

still.ill

i wrote a song recently thats sort of like the section at 1:48-2:17 here
except its like that the entire song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vAONepZcrE

i find it super difficult to actually play consistently/in time
(its really slow arpeggios)
ill either miss a note or not play it loud enough, or do a slight timing error.... am i defective?
.... and then its like.... its already slow.... so my usual routine of playing things slow then speeding things up again doesnt work

the funny thing is i have no problem with playing fast johnny marr style arpeggios

elpueblosound

a great guitar teacher once told me:
"Playing fast is easy, playing slow is also easy, but playing mid speed AND in tempo? now that is hard"

Julia343

Playing slow is harder than playing fast. Playing slow exposes every musical flaw in your playing, and not just technique. Slow songs are harder to hold together, but they can teach you a lot about phrasing. It's usually the phrasing that is off when the song falls apart.

Franklin

Gold Supporting Member
Yup, playing slow is tougher. For the ultimate test, try a really slow 24 bar Blues. It separates the novice from the polished players for sure!