• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

playing through headphones

wsaraceni

what amp / setup would you use if you had to play through headphones. with or without a computer?

goodwill559

I use the Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx Standard into a Symetrix 304 headphone amp into a pair of AKG 240's.

What are your goals?

wsaraceni

my goals are really just a discussion on what people do when they need to listen via headphones. i'll probably end up picking up a really old pod or something. dont want to drop 2k on a setup like yours. but really this thread isnt about what i may do. i want to know what people who use headphones to play do. so your reply was exaclty what im looking for.

anyone else?

blastastick

Grado headphonmes are amazing. Alessandro has some Grados that are made to his specs and are very nice. There are many headphone amps that range from 100.00, to many thousands. depends on your budget. I have mine made by Audio by Van Alstyne, and costs some bills, but worth it. Research the internet. I prefer tubes, and seem to warm it up the most. You can find some real bargains.

I use a Jamvox which has a cool computer interface with amps, cabs, pedals you can add and subtract modify to your hearts delight. It has drum tracks, you can download your Itune library to jam along, cancel out guitar parts and jam with your favorites. It also records them too. Cost like $250. It's the bomb for the price.

Zuper

Silver Supporting Member
Vox Amplug. Great little practice tool; portable; cheap; sounds decent for what it is.

Gigbag

When I need to play through headphones these days I usually use the following because they sound better than my other options:

• Amp --> THD Hot Plate (set to load) --> ADA MicroCab II--> digital recorder --> headphones.
  • Amp --> AxeTrax iso cab --> headphone amp or digital recorder --> headphones.
  • Digitech 2101 --> headphones.
  • Line 6 TonePort UX2 --> computer --> headphones.

fosco

Vox Amplug. Great little practice tool; portable; cheap; sounds decent for what it is.
+1, has an AUX input > perfect for practice or cd-jams late in an apartment without disturbing any neighbors!
I use it with a KOSS portapro or an old Beyerdynamic DT880

Trending Topics