1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Playing Too Much For The Same People?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Stew, May 17, 2011.

1. Stew

Stew Member

My wife is the director of a non-profit. They have six to eight events per year. I have a solo act and have been playing most of the events. The people that attend the events are generally older, as am I, and the music I play is from our era. (60's & 70's) It goes over really well and I get compliments each time. I'm going into my third year of playing these events and I'm worried that I could be burning them out. I haven't seen any signs and I want to keep playing them. I try to add new songs each time and mix up the old ones. Any of you play for the same people for a long time?

2. Brooks

Brooks Member

yep. did a year of thrs and a year of fri at the same bar as a duo.
    we learned new tunes as much as possible. can you add a 2nd guitar or percussion?

3. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

With 6-8 a year I don't think you need to worry about it at all.

4. frankiestarr

frankiestarr Member

Play the gig and take the money ! !! Learning new tunes helps too. Don't think about it like that, is anyone complaining???