• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Plays like a dream, looks like a nightmare.

dragonbat13

Have you ever had a guitar that no matter how many expensive strats, shred guitars, and custom shops you play, they just dont compare to it, and it cost you about 200 dollars? Heres mine. Its an old peavy patriot with a 75 gibson pickup and sperzel lockers on the chipped up headstock. I keep losing this guitar and finding it among my other junk.. Everytime I play it I cant put it down. Just hammered on it for an hour and a half, with the same strings I found on it, except for the broken high E..

I actually dragged it out to give to my eight year old so he would quit beating up my other ones.

slippyknees

Silver Supporting Member
Have you ever had a guitar that no matter how many expensive strats, shred guitars, and custom shops you play, they just dont compare to it, and it cost you about 200 dollars? Heres mine. Its an old peavy patriot with a 75 gibson pickup and sperzel lockers on the chipped up headstock. I keep losing this guitar and finding it among my other junk.. Everytime I play it I cant put it down. Just hammered on it for an hour and a half, with the same strings I found on it, except for the broken high E..

I actually dragged it out to give to my eight year old so he would quit beating up my other ones.
That's awesome man! That was my first "real" guitar back in the 80s when I was 10. I still have it - all stock, red....

I agree, for a "cheapie" it's a great, great guitar. Not to sound like an old fart, but they really don't make them like that anymore. Meaning, cheap didn't necessarily = awful like it can now.

Ah, globalization.....haha.

tabdog

I picked up this Peavey Fury for $60.

After cleaning it up and installing an
Original Fender pickup, it sounds at
least as good as any P bass I have
played.

The Patriot sounds pretty awesome
with a new paint job and flats on it
also,

Tabdog

tabdog

I guess those two didn't look much like a nightmare.

Here, lets try this.

This bad boy has a 1968 Fender Tele neck pup worth
about $400 to $600.

It plays and sounds awesome, but looks like crap,

Tabdog

dragonbat13

The old peavey guitars and bass from about 82-88 are all super stand out deals. That exact black guitar sold on ebay for something like 95 dollars last week. Its a two piece neck, poplar body, medium jumbo frets and is routed to fit a humbucker. They are great to put nice pups in. Every time I see one at the pawn shop I offer a few dollars less and they are glad to get rid of it. The guitar is a made in USA guitar that was actually MADE IN USA.

Now that last guitar up there is a look only a mother could love. You could go buy a lot of drag racing stickers for about 40 on ebay and cover it all up. MIght look a little better.

Edit: The reason I say drag racing stickers is because drag racers rarely put all those contingency stickers on their cars unless they are actually sponsored, so they have a pile of them and sell them all at once. Drag racers are also huge ebay buyers and sellers. Gigantic market.

My first guitar was a Les Paul style Sears guitar (back 35 years ago)... it was actually quite good... no longer have it :-(

I think it cost $125, which was enough at the time.

dragonbat13

I need a backplate for it. Maybe I could make one out of some cool material. Like make it out of the bumper off of an old car.

tabdog

I need a backplate for it.

Un-roll a beer can and see if that is big enough.
If not, get one of those real big beer cans.

That would help shield it and look cool as well.

PS,

Sense that has an auto sticker, maybe an oil
can would be better than a beer can,

Tabdog

Rock Johnson

The old peavey guitars and bass from about 82-88 are all super stand out deals. That exact black guitar sold on ebay for something like 95 dollars last week. Its a two piece neck, poplar body, medium jumbo frets and is routed to fit a humbucker. They are great to put nice pups in. Every time I see one at the pawn shop I offer a few dollars less and they are glad to get rid of it. The guitar is a made in USA guitar that was actually MADE IN USA.

Shhhhhhh. Don't tell, the prices will go up.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom