Plea to EHX for 2017

boogiejem

I don't know if anyone from EHX hangs out in TGP but if so here's something I'd love to see them do in 2017. IMHO EHX are in a league of there own when it comes to their recent range of keyboard emulation pedals B9/C9/Key9/Mel9. The thing is that I typically need just one of the sounds from each pedal but don't have the pedalboard real estate for 4 pedals. What I'd be all over -please please please- is a programmable x9 pedal with presets that you could load up with emulations from across the range eg from a Bluetooth connected app like the eventide H9. Anybody think this might be a possibility?
Yours hopefully

minty901

in terms of their algorithms i think EHX is sitting on a pretty unique gold mine. they have so many effects and lots of really cool ones. if they made an open platform like toneprint or neunaber expanse or source audio etc... game over, give me 10 EHX pedals on a board.

tremolo3

or connect to other b/s that will soon be out dated.

Like MIDI, right?

I don't think they will do it, but I'd love to have a big muff and their overdrives along with their delays in a single enclosure with the ability to stack them in series or parallel and change the order.

They made that Holy Stain thing around the Spin FV-1 but haven't see it that much.. or that other one, Epitome.

Sexpistol

Like MIDI, right?

I don't think they will do it, but I'd love to have a big muff and their overdrives along with their delays in a single enclosure with the ability to stack them in series or parallel and change the order.

They made that Holy Stain thing around the Spin FV-1 but haven't see it that much.. or that other one, Epitome.

I doesnt always work out well with the app thing. With windows/mac always updating platforms. So, not like MIDI.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
I'll go for that, with one caveat - let me know a week or two before it is announced, so I can sell my Key9 at current used prices before they tank on news of the EHX AllOfThem9

boogiejem

Pass. EHX is awesome in part because all the controlls are in the front no need to dive into menus or connect to other b/s that will soon be out dated.
I agree with this. Leave 4 control knob format the same but have the selector knob select between your favourite 9 emulations as presets.

sonichronic

Silver Supporting Member
usually i say no to menus and bluetooths and junk... but for anything to do with synth sounds/non-guitar emulations... with the ability to use other effects with them?
i think this is a brilliant idea.

keep in mind everybody, OP isn't asking for an EHX "H9" with bigmuff, small stone and electric mistress emulations... they are asking for something that already lives in the digital world.
let it grow in the digital world.
i don't own a single digital pedal... (oh wait yes i do, free the tone flight time) i'm all for analog. but i myself am extremely attracted to the b9/c9 key whatevers... especially for recording. i have all those emulations via plug in / app but my dexterity lends more to the guitar more than midi keyboard.
even if this was available via plug in i'd be completely down. it would be nice to have the box/interface be mobile.

EHX DO IT! OR I WILL TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH YOUR NEW BIG MUFFS AND MISTRESSES SUCK! trust me, you don't want that getting out!

Last edited:

Sexpistol

I agree with this. Leave 4 control knob format the same but have the selector knob select between your favourite 9 emulations as presets.

You would still have to connect to something via usb or lightning or blue tooth to pick your algorithms. If you want to play the pedal a few years down the line your s.o.l. the way tech develops.

Id like to see a programmable eq with the physical sliders that you could save presets via selector knob. All in the box, right in front of you.

griggsterr

Gold Supporting Member
An ehx multi

With their quality control, i think i'll pass.
Yep, I have had EHX pedals dead out of the box.
Also other than those Keyboard emulation pedals, which i admit are cool I can't think of one thing that makes them stand out from everyone else in the pedal market right now. They have some pretty wacky stuff, if you want wacky.
I will give them that.
Also I don't see them capable of the engineering it would take to do something like the H-9.

Black_Label

Silver Supporting Member
I hate pedals that make you use your phone or tablet to get the most of them. Making pedals that depend on a device that will be deprecated in 2 years is just a bad idea for the long term use of that pedal. Your H9 will make a nice vintage doorstop in 30 years.

But I'd love to see EHX make a super x9 pedal with all of their x9 pedals combined.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom