Pleasant surprise. Great tone with a compressor only.

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Ego Compressor and a pile of great OD's I use with my Fender tube amps. I usually put the compressor first (always on) and goose the OD next in the chain. Lately, its either a Klon KTR, a KOT or a Weehbo JTM. Anyway, in band practice today, I forgot to turn on a drive pedal and I was pleasantly surprised how great my tone was with just the compressor. I did the rest of the practice without a drive pedal and just rode the guitar's volume control for solos or to taste for how much drive I wanted. The compressor was set to boost a little bit and I had the blend control up to 50% (all compressors should have a blend!). Probably one of the easiest practices I have had honing in on a good tone for the song and eq'ing myself for the band mix.

DaveKS

Yep I get same vibe with my White Horse, drive about 10:00 (edge of breakup with bridge pu), blend about noon'ish, sustain, bass cut and other controls to what amp/guitar/pu needs. Then just use pu select, vol/tone knobs on guitar for the rest. I frick'n love this pedals mojo.

MogwaiBoy

Yep I get same vibe with my White Horse, drive about 10:00 (edge of breakup with bridge pu), blend about noon'ish, sustain, bass cut and other controls to what amp/guitar/pu needs. Then just use pu select, vol/tone knobs on guitar for the rest. I frick'n love this pedals mojo.
Can the White Horse do straight boost as well?

DaveKS

Can the White Horse do straight boost as well?
Not 100% but very close, there's always just that little hint of dynamic clamping, but dial that drive up to about 9-10:00 and your snap comes back, rolling in some bass cut also helps in tightening it up.

Trending Topics