Please give me the names of 2 or 3 inexpensive Celestion clones and comments on them

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bbutler123, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

I want a Greenback or Vintage 30 clone to add a second 12" to my Marshall combo.

What are some clones and which are best to your knowledge? And if you have approximate prices, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I hope to buy 4 Celestions eventually to populate a 4x12. I have heard that someone, Avatar maybe, sells four at a time at a large discount. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks you guys.

2. turbolx5oh

turbolx5oh Member

Warehouse Speakers offers Celestion clones at good prices. I've got a couple of their Veteran 30s and they sound great.

I've also bought cabinets and speakers from Avatar (through their Ebay ads) and it is top quality stuff and they offer good customer service.

3. samuelson

samuelson Member

+1 on both. Avatar speakers has the best price on celestion also, by the way.

4. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

Does anyone know anything about the Eminence clones of Celestions?

5. shadco

shadco Member

current G12H or V30

6. doc

doc Member

Can't speak directly to the Emi clones you're likely most interested in - the Private Jack or the Governor, but I've been very impressed with the Swamp Thang, Cannabis Rex, and Wizard. I have the Vet 30s as well, very good speakers. I think on a budget you can't go wrong with either Emi or WGS.