1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Please help, looking for an amp similar to the DC30....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by agentcooper2001, May 17, 2011.

1. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

I've had and loved the matchless c30 and bad cat black cat 30r, as well as the lightning 15. A while back, things got a little tight so I sold them.

Is there anything similar in sound, that takes pedals well, with a price range of $1300 or less used? any help would be great!

2. Gearopenia

Gearopenia Supporting Member

some say that the Hayseed is great. similar I hear if you have the EF 85. not bad prices on those.

3. 6AM

6AM Member

Bad Cat Cub should be available used for that price. You might get lucky and find a used Black Cat or Wild Cat in that range, too.

4. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

Searched eBay completed listings and someone snagged a black cat 1x12 combo for $1500! I think I would've stretched my budget for that!

5. Thinline_slim

Thinline_slim Supporting Member

I remember reading the good folks of Genz Benz have claimed that their Black Pearl 30 has the cleans of an AC30 and the grind of a DC30. I cannot personally attest to that since I've never directly owned/gigged an AC30 or DC30 but I am very happy with the BP30. Check it out and there is a pretty good sized thread about the BP30 here on the forum.

You can go used quite easily under your budget.

6. ShavenYak

ShavenYak Member

If you're not dead set on having an EF86, how about a Bugera BC-30, at $600?

7. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

thanks guys, the blues pearl looks pretty good. i think i'll try to find a bad cat or matchless 2x12 cabinet, then find a head to go with it. maybe a carmen ghia, blues pearl, ac15hw, etc. now the search begins to find all of that stuff!

Last edited: May 17, 2011