• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Please help me ID this guitar

mrspag

Hi Everyone,

I've had this guitar hanging on the wall in my office at work for years. It was the first electric guitar that I bought when I was around 10 years old in the late 80s. I remember the store (no longer around) and it was bought used. I remember my dad haggling with the sales guy for it and a small crate practice amp that I thought was the greatest sounding thing I'd ever heard.

I tried looking it up on the guitar dater project website but it says it was built in Korea in 1991. The plate on the back has a serial number and says made in japan, plus I KNOW I got it before the 90s. Anyhow, does anyone know anything about this model? Name, etc.?

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way By The Atlantic
Gold Supporting Member
I think it's an Epiphone Wilshire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Definitely an Epiphone Wilshire II. When they were reissued in 1982-1985 they were called the Wilshire II and Wilshire III. The Wilshire II had 2 mini humbuckers (yours) while the Wilshirs III had 3 mini humbuckers. They were originally made from 1959-1970 and 1st reissued from 1982-1985 and recently reissued a second time in 2009-present. Hope this helped.

Also, by the top right screw on the neck plate, be careful of that screw because the wood looks cracked there. I would look into getting that fixed.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom