Please help me with my pedal power and AC,

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kurt1981, Feb 23, 2009.

1. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Hey guys, I have a question for all you PP2 users. Does anyone know how many pedals I can power off the AC outlet on the back of the PP2? I have a TC vintage delay that takes an AC adapter, a TC chorus which has an attached cord, as well as a carl martin comp and Tubeworks pedal that also have attached cords. I wondered, is it safe or smart to power all four off the outlet on the PP2? Also, does anyone have recommendations for some kind of splitter to hook up all four that'll fit on or under my pedal train?
    Thanks in advance,
    Kurt

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

The accessory AC outlet is recommended for 200 watts max (at 110v mains voltage), so it would easily handle those pedals. However, it doesn't actually do anything with that power (it's no surge protector or anything like that), so you might as well use a regular power strip to run all those pedals and the PP2+ from, with a long cable to reach the wall outlet. The other option would be just about the same - use a regular power strip for the AC pedals, but with a special plug that fits the AC outlet on the PP2+. Either way, you'll still have to have a power strip on the board, or right by the board.

/Andreas

3. kurt1981

Thanks man, any recommendations for a small low profile strip?
    Thanks,
    Kurt

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

No suggestions, I'm afraid - unless you're in Europe, any ideas I'd have wouldn't fit anyway :D

5. kurt1981

I'm in the U.S, thanks I'll look into your idea, it makes sense, for sure. Wish there was an easy way to do this!!
    Kurt