• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Please recommend a good reverb and phaser pedal, thanks

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
What I'm using...

Hall of Fame - Lots of diverse options, some good, some bad but will most likely find something you like.

Blackout Sibling - Great OTA style phaser (a la Small Stone) I personally don't like Phase 90 style phasers. The only other phaser I considered was the Grand Orbiter.

It would help if you clarify what you don't like about your amp reverb. Like for me I'm not a fan of spring reverb in general. If I want traditional use plate otherwise I like more ambient...

Nilo

MXR Custom Shop handwired Phase 90 vintage '74 script reissue and Neunaber Stereo WET. These two pedals can do a convincing Pink Floyd-style as well as the EVH-thing. Love it!

MIM#1

Hermida Reverb if you can find one.
Or, build yourself one of the many Belton Brick reverbs.

My 2 >
1st edition ROSS Orange phaser, simply the lushest 12 stage phaser ever made!
TC Nova reverb, coming down in price to to its larger size,power requirements and lack of any 'flavour of the month' ie 'shimmer' effects.But 2 great studio quality reverbs at your disposal.

juansolo

Or, build yourself one of the many Belton Brick reverbs.
^This, 1776 Rub-a-Dub reverb with a short brick is superb at doing the spring thing. Very simple and great sounding effect. Grind Customs Tenebrion Reverb with a medium brick is great for doing bigger and more ambient verbs with a bit of modulation on it.

As for phasers. My personal favourite is the Maestro Phaser (the Balls/Speed one). Madbean makes a PCB for modded version of that called the Stage Fright.

This is the Rub-a-Dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzqNiPwoLY
This has a Rub-a-Dub and a Maestro in it (amongst other things), crappy playing though in comparison to the first clip as we did this one and I'm really **** at editing! ;) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJoyNFeRMk

Trending Topics

Top Bottom