• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Please recommend a speaker IR capture software

timowens316

I'd like to find a Windows based software package to capture speaker IR's, I would like to find something simple yet accurate. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price but of course free is always nice. What are you guys using?

EDIT: I should add that I do have a Torpedo CAB, but I can't figure out how to export the files to WAV format.

Last edited:

TheAmpFactory

I'd like to find a Windows based software package to capture speaker IR's, I would like to find something simple yet accurate. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price but of course free is always nice. What are you guys using?

EDIT: I should add that I do have a Torpedo CAB, but I can't figure out how to export the files to WAV format.
Your DAW..done!

Get a copy of VoxEngo? (Might be wrong name) its a deconvolver anyway.

Send a signal from your DAW output to your Speakercab via a flat poweramp

Blow out a 1 sec Sinesweep, bang, click or whatever you want.

Record the output of that with your mic into DAW.

Save as WAV, Use a Deconvolver.. done!

There are a zillion ways to skin a cat here.. this is just the simplest!...

Papanate

Sony Sound Forge is very accurate - but in addition you will need
a high quality interface or recording IR's will be a waste of your time.

Trending Topics