Please recommend an auto-sensing wah pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by EBGB, Jan 23, 2006.

1. EBGB

EBGB Member

i've had the standard Cry Baby for years. I like the sound, but find it very clunky to turn on and off and use. It also weighs like a brick. Is the Boss V-Wah any good (and lighter)? I don't necessarily need something boutique-y...

As might be expected, this will be used for classic rock/blues.

2. EBGB

EBGB Member

3. Wooley

Wooley Member

Not sure I understand, you are satisfied with the sound of the Crybaby, but want one that is smaller, lighter?

4. EBGB

EBGB Member

To clarify--

Don't they have ones now that turn on and off automatically when you use and stop using them (sweep the pedal)? Hence, "auto-sensing". That and the lighter thing...

5. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

i think the dunlop g95b is "auto"-activated,,, but i doubt it is lighter. as far as i know the automagic silvermachine has also the auto-on-off but it's quite expensive and looks quite heavy too.

6. discountsounds

discountsounds Member

I own an MSD Automagic wah (http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Automagic-Pedals.html). It sounds great and has the "auto-sensing" fucntionality, too. It is a beast of a pedal, though, so you're not going to do much better on the weight issue.

Come to think of it, I don't think you'd necessarily want a lighter wah, because you want to make sure a wah pedal can bear some weight from your foot rocking back and forth on it. I've seen some cheap plastic wahs and I'd be worried about shattering them.

The one other wah I know of with the "auto-sensing" feature is the Morley Tremonti wah (http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2002/Mark-Tremonti-Power-Wah.html). My bandmate uses that one, but he's selling it because he's not happy with the tone. I was going to try it tonight before he gets rid of it...

7. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

8. mudd

mudd Member

Morley Bad Horsie!!

9. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

morley bad horsie contour.