• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Please recommend an auto-wah (or is it envelope filter?)

lv

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Snow White Auto Wah that was great, and it worked well on guitar and bass. I use regular wah more often so I sold the MP.

I'm looking for something similar, but wondering if there is anything out that also does a sort of 'step-wah' tone where the wah cycles on its own, sorta like the Z Vex Seek Wah, or the Voodoo Labs Wahzoo. The MXR Bass Auto Q looks like it does what I want - is anyone familiar with that one, or anything similar?

Thanks

Jack

I don't know if the Jacques Trinity is any good, but I think it might do both functions.

The new Pedalworx Cool Machine might do both (I don't totally get how this thing works either).

There is a newer wah (Voodoo Lab?) that does both.

Sorry I'm a little iffy on these. I'm a fan of both effects, but I can't think of anything really popular that does both. You'd think there'd be more.

DavidH

I can't remeber who it was, but there was a pedal builder experimenting with LFOs in a regular wah a while back, thread about it in he manufacturers emporium i think. Still a regular wah, but you could switch over to the LFO for lazy asses. Anyone remember, or did i just make it up?

Bobster

hmm.. how bout the MP auto wah? I've tried the Zvex ooh and seek wah already though and in terms of tweakability, it can't be beat! I'm selling my ooh wah now though, going crazy over overdrives..

lv

Silver Supporting Member
hmm.. how bout the MP auto wah? I've tried the Zvex ooh and seek wah already though and in terms of tweakability, it can't be beat! I'm selling my ooh wah now though, going crazy over overdrives..
The MP is great but I wanted something with an oscillator that cycles the filter on and off.