1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Please see my "Bare Wires" thread in G&A Section

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by imjustadrummer, Oct 13, 2006.

1. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

Hi,
    Please check out my bare wires in mesa mark IIC chassis thread over in the Guitar and Amp section. I probably should have posted it here?!?

But, I was swapping my chassis from combo to head and while checking out the guts for the first time, I realized that a lot of the wires are BARE! The insulation appears to be eroding off of them... I don't think that's normal for a 20+ year old amp, right?

Thanks,

working on pics

2. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

Here are a few fotos of the erosions of the wires...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for the input!

3. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

Looks like some mice got in there once upon a time. They seem to like certain kinds of wire....I've seen very similar things in the telecommunications equipment I maintain. The rust is most likely due to corrosion from mouse urine so a good cleaning is in order once the insulation issue is resolved.

4. Leftee

Leftee Guest

That's not been stored in a dry environment all the time, has it? I've seen a lot less rust/corrosion on a lot older amps.