Please vote MoFaux Vibe or Magicboy, which one should I get?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ZJD, Jul 18, 2006.

MoFaux, Magicboy, or other...

1. MoFaux vibe

2. Magicboy

3. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ZJD

ZJD Senior Member

[FONT=&quot]Hey everyone, I’ve had some great recommendations so far as to which vibe unit I should get and I’ve narrowed down my choices to the Sweetsound Mofaux vibe or the Lovepedal Magicboy. You can also vote “Other” if you have another recommendation for something similar. Thanks for helping me out. :drool [/FONT]

2. gururyan

gururyan Member

They both sound like winners, I'd have to A/B them in person.

...hmmm, why don't you buy both and supply us all with A/B clips!

3. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

I played them both.
    Kept the MoFaux.
    Very close.
    The power jack sold me on the MoFaux.
    That and a very "sweet" bloom on notes when you run the MF at a slow speed.

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I had the Magicboy and I thought it was too bright (and I like bright). It was just too much with the rest of my rig.

Tomorrow my Mofaux will show up so I'll let you know how that works out.

You might want to keep your eyes peeled for the VL Microvibe. Real thick and swampy and real photocell design. These go for crazy cheap $$$ on the used marked. I had one for years.

5. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Might be out of your price range, but I've been getting all kinds of great phaser sounds, a few tremolo sounds, and great univibe sounds from my Deluxe Moon Phaser by Red Witch... just thought I'd mention it... the sounds are really good.

6. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

If you can bump up to the Mojo Vibe, I highly recommend it. It is my favorite vibe. The footprint is not too bad compared to the Ultra and its competitors. If not, I would go with the MoFaux.

7. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

MoFaux did it for me. I've got one on each of my two boards.

8. RickB

RickB Member

I have never played a MoFaux but own a Mojo Vibe. I have A/B'd my Mojo with the MagicBoy and can say that with a 2 for $.99 battery from WalMart, the MagicBoy is every bit as good as my Mojo. If I were doing it over again, I would go MagicBoy and save the money. The battery in it makes a HUGE difference. It doesn't sound near as good with an Energizer or Duracell. The main difference I heard between the Mojo and the MagicBoy was that the MagicBoy didn't hack off the low end as much which I really liked.

9. Wooley

Wooley Member

With respect, I must contrast the previous poster, and concur with an earlier poster (and perhaps embellish). I own the Magicboy, and was very excited to get it. I NEVER use it (although I keep trying to figure out how it is actually useful), and am now wary of other Lovepedal products, despite their reputation. It is SOOO trebly that I find it unuseable without having to make tone adjustments on my guitar every time I engage it, and then remember to put them back where they were every time I click it off. In a song like "Born on the Bayou", where I use vibe for the arpegiatted parts but kick it off for the strummed chords, it is impossible to use, because I can't switch back and forth. I mean this pedal is SHRILL. By contrast, my Foxrox and even Fulltone vibes are beautiful and give me exactly what I want, except in a large, expensive package. For these reasons I recommend you get the MoFaux. Good luck.

10. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

11. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Been playing with the Mofaux that showed up today. Out of the box, I like it much better, and the LED and power tap are nice.

I love Lovepedals (got a COT50 and a Dragon) ... but I like the Mofaux a lot better than the Magicboy.

As for the poll results, I wonder how many of the respondents have tried both.

12. stratplayer23

stratplayer23 Member

i found the magicboy vibe to be a bit bright also but this was solved by moving my pedals around to fuzz vibe overdrive i believe. this took away alotta the treble.