Pleked question

Atdi2000

Who here has had their guitar pleked after you owned it, not done at factory. I am looking to get my guitar done and want opinions. Also any suggestions on where I should have it done at, I live in MN so I would have to ship it no matter what.

strat-rock

I had it done on my '74 Strat and I'm really happy with it. Just makes everything feel completely even, easier to fret chords, less buzzing, that kinda thing. I had it done in San Francisco at Gary Brower Guitars. I think he does work for Vai, Santana, etc.

Is it worth the money...? Depends. If you're happy with what you have, maybe not. If you're a tweaker like me, you hear about it and have to have it done. As I said I'm happy with it, but I was having a bunch of other stuff done at the time so I just went for it.

Good luck!

Atdi2000

+1...Joe Glaser has pleked five of my guitars.

I shot Joe a email a little before christmas and never heard back. I talked to him earlier in the year and he said he is gone sometimes because he teaches other guitar shopes how to use their pleks. I think if I can get a hold of him I'm going to get 2 guitars done and see how I like it. Thanks for the replies.

rosscoep

I had it done on my '74 Strat and I'm really happy with it. Just makes everything feel completely even, easier to fret chords, less buzzing, that kinda thing. I had it done in San Francisco at Gary Brower Guitars. I think he does work for Vai, Santana, etc.

Is it worth the money...? Depends. If you're happy with what you have, maybe not. If you're a tweaker like me, you hear about it and have to have it done. As I said I'm happy with it, but I was having a bunch of other stuff done at the time so I just went for it.

Good luck!

How much? And yes, he does lots of pro's stuff. There were a number of Neil Schon cases waiting for pickup last time I was there.

andybaylor

My strat was pleked.

To me, it was one of those "How did I live before this" revelations. Wonderful invention!

mlongano

If I recall correctly Joe charged me about $125.00 per guitar....this was a couple of years ago.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom