Plexi + 4x12 Scumback Cab Pinstripe VS Basketweave

Earplayer

Are there some good clips with an attenuated 100W/50W Plexi with a Scumback M75 4x12 cab with Pinstripe and Basketweave grill cloth?! I would really like to hear a clip to compare the two...
Would like to order a Scumback M75 4x12 cab... still thinking about straight vs slant and pinstripe vs basketweave..

louis

Are there some good clips with an attenuated 100W/50W Plexi with a Scumback M75 4x12 cab with Pinstripe and Basketweave grill cloth?! I would really like to hear a clip to compare the two...
Would like to order a Scumback M75 4x12 cab... still thinking about straight vs slant and pinstripe vs basketweave..

One of the best clip of M75's is in the house here from (JubileeMan 2555)

Here it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsG09KDRlqE

Louis

Darkburst

Silver Supporting Member
You can hear the difference in cloth. I thought it was all BS until I tested it myself with two of Jim's cabs with the only difference being the grill cloth. Same guitar, same amp, same cab design, same speakers. I thought the EC Collins pinstripe cloth smoothed out the top end a bit. The basket weave cloth sounded more in your face and present. It was pretty obvious to me and a bunch of other players who were there. Which you like better is a matter of taste.

Earplayer

the clips from jubileeman aka. tyler are great i really would like to hear the raw clips... sounds like a really cool setup!
i´ve listened to the marsha clips from tonemerchants a lot because i was interested in the marsha amp some time ago... but actually i am not really impressed by the marsha clips... you can hear the g12m/m75 flavour but the tone sounds way too compressed/gainy/dark to me:hide

you can definately hear a difference in grill cloth... just compare regular cabs with some checkerboard, basketweave cabs - with the same setup all will sound different.
but i never heard the ec pinstripe grill cloth in person... i absolutely love straight 4x12 cabs with basketweave and g12m 75hz 003cones greenback speakers.
lots of people say that the ec pinstripe cloth smoothes out the tone and the upper mids and highs...and basketweave cabs are a lot more clearer and better sounding... on the other hand lots of other folks seem to say that the pinstripe cloth does the opposite - push upper mids and highs with overall more clarity... :messedup

i am still between some decisions m75 65w vs m75 25w for the 4x12cab, grillcloth with the m75s and slant vs straight for the 4x12...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom