Plexi 50w, D'Pergo swamp ash strat, London Fuzz... psychedelia

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Julien Kasper, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Julien Kasper

Julien Kasper Member

Just finished listening to the board recording from a show we did last week at the Berklee Performance Center in Boston. Glad to have found some nice things on it that I'll be adding to the download page on my site over the next week or so.

This is a long spacey tune with a fairly free (but pretty inside for this performance) middle section. I think you all might approve of the tones.

The track is "And Now We Know" it is the second mp3 on the download page.

http://www.julienkasper.com/mp3download.asp

Julien

2. KLB

KLB Member

I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing!

3. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

nice tones and music. i ejoyed it quite a bit.

4. what?

what? Member

man if only I live in the US I'll go to see your band play!

5. Julien Kasper

Julien Kasper Member

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

I wish we could get to Australia so you wouldn't have to travel so far! We actually have been picking up some fair airplay down under so, given a good offer, perhaps we'll make it your way in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,
    Julien Kasper

6. scottl

scottl Member

I LOVED it Julien! Sorry to be such a stranger. I have been uber-busy with a job move. Fantastic vibe and amazing tones. Not to mention the sick playing!

Rock on!

7. pluto

pluto Member

Very nice. I played a D'pergo for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and those guitars are sweet (huge ass neck though!).

8. polifemo

polifemo Member

Kasper,

I´ve got both your CDs - and I like them a lot - but I think that this is my favourite playing from you!

As you´re already recording your CDs "live in the studio" why don´t go for a "real" live album next time!?
    Seems like you get more inspired - and who does not - playing in front of an audience :RoCkIn

9. Julien Kasper

Julien Kasper Member

Polifemo,

Thanks for buying my CDs, I'm glad you like them.

Regarding an entirely live recording, as you may have guessed, you are far from the first person to have suggested that. The plan is for the next project to be a live DVD/CD combo. I'm tentatively planning on recording it in Spring '07 when we are hot off of a tour. I'm still contemplating the best venue. In the meantime, I don't know where you are but, if you make one of our gigs I hope you introduce yourself.

Best,
    Julien Kasper

10. polifemo

polifemo Member

For this to happen, I´m fraid that you´ll have to come to Stockholm/Sweden...but one never knows :)

11. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

12. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

dig this a lot..............! are you a fan of eric johnson julian ?

jimmy

13. Julien Kasper

Julien Kasper Member

Hello DT and thank you for taking the time to really listen in to that performance. I agree with you entirely but that mix was out of my hands. I probably should have made it more clear that what you are hearing was recorded straight from the console without a submix. The engineer walked over at the end of the show and handed me the CD. That is also why on the louder track ("Talkin' About What") the drums are so loud and the guitar (which was quite loud on stage) gets a little buried at times.

By the way the bass player, an excellent Boston musician named Mark Poniatowski, had never played with us (not even a rehearsal). The bass player slammed his left thumb in a door and broke it two days before the show. Mark was reading the gig and did a great job.

By the way David, I am an admirer of your work from way back...

Best Regards,

Julien