plexi type amp with this arrangement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joolzriff, Feb 3, 2008.

1. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

need an amp probably not 100w but maybe a 50w,nice oversize transformers,stays tight and nice in the low end dept and dosnt get Shrill w/ top end.likes hard rock.classic rock blues,can be dialed in super nice clean...needs to be nice and percussive also.....
    so the layout i need is something like that of a jcm800 with a foot switchable boost,going from a nice plexi punchy clean grind and zapping into a dial able gain with no real change of tone...do prefer amp gain
    i have a wizard right now and the layout is just right but i aint getting any nice tones out of my clean side even w/ the resistor out and changed,it dosnt have the air and punch i want,then when u switch to the gain its alot darker not the same tone???
    anybody else confused????
    some people have told me i might want to check out a komet concorde ( i will monday) and a wizard classic,both r not channel switching but none the less may sound great..

2. Grumpyfatman

Grumpyfatman Member

Sounds like you need a Bogner Ecstasy.

3. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

had one and it was all tooo much...i dont like multi switches and a footswitch the size of an american car,,,,i can do all of that tasking w/ my volume knob on a 1 channel amp to a certain extent....well hence my original question would work out better....plus the XTC is 100w amp and dosnt act or breath like a single channel and is too soft on the low end.nice amp for some though

4. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

Top Hat Emplexador MKII

5. hongsta

hongsta Member

Sounds like Shiva...

6. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

+1. Big time.

7. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

I just played a beat to crap '72 JMP 100 that did what you are looking for. The cleans were to die for!

Emee

8. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

Might be worth taking a look at some of the Bad Cat amps - Hotcat, etc. My much modded Hotcat could do something along those lines. Beautiful cleans and fab OD.

9. DICKIE C

DICKIE C Member

Reinhardt
    Germino

Everything you're looking for!