plexiglass in front of your cab and
had good results?
My 1960 TV cab is killer, but if I
want to be in the mix, I gotta
come up with somethin', and a
Hot PLate is not it.
Thanks in advance. MM

SteveVHT

Just remove the grill cloth and put some duct tape on the back of the cloth in front of the cones of the speakers. That will cut out alot of piercing sound....
Steve

MuseCafeChris

Assuming you're coming through the monitors, do what AC/DC did when they were on Saturday Night Live ... turn your cab around so it's facing the rear of the stage. Good thing they did, otherwise they'd have blown the audience out the back of the studio.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by SteveLINY
Just remove the grill cloth and put some duct tape on the back of the cloth in front of the cones of the speakers. That will cut out alot of piercing sound....
Steve
Kinda hard removing the grille on those , actually a razor blade will remove it just fine it's the re-attaching that's an issue. :)

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by MarkyMark
Has anyone tried putting a sheet of
plexiglass in front of your cab and
had good results?
My 1960 TV cab is killer, but if I
want to be in the mix, I gotta
come up with somethin', and a
Hot PLate is not it.
Thanks in advance. MM
I have a great article for you to read. It is a Tonequest Report on Joe Bonamassa. Joe talks in detail about his rig in which he uses plexiglass shields that allow him to play large venues to small 100 seaters using the exact same rig at the exact same stage volumes. He also discusses how using a flat Plexiglass shield is not a good choice, that panels set at an angle are the way to go. Shoot me an email, and I will send this PDF file your way. M.E.

MarkyMark

Thanks guys for all the replys.
Can't wait to duct tape my greenbacks,
I'll let ya'll know how it works out.
MM

SteveVHT

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro
Kinda hard removing the grille on those , actually a razor blade will remove it just fine it's the re-attaching that's an issue. :)
I was able to remove my grille from my 1960B from the inside with no problems. about 16 screws...???...???
Are those cabs built different.
I placed the duct tape, actually black stage tape on the back of the cloth right in front of the speakers and it worked well.
Steve

Wizard of Ozz

Gold Supporting Member
Another "old-school" trick is to face the back of the cab towards the front of the stage. This way you don't need plexi-glass or duct tape.
;)

HeeHaw

Originally posted by MuseCafeChris
Assuming you're coming through the monitors, do what AC/DC did when they were on Saturday Night Live ... turn your cab around so it's facing the rear of the stage. Good thing they did, otherwise they'd have blown the audience out the back of the studio.
I've been doing this for years now. I get my cranked sound without peeling the flesh off the audience.:cool:

telewacker

I might add that the big advantage to the plexiglass panels is that you can vary the degree to which you block the sound from a substantial amount to not at all which is useful as you change venues and also if you play smaller clubs that might start off with fewer people but fill up with dancers as the night progresses.

Matt Gordon

Originally posted by HeeHaw
They don't have 4x12's on their website. What gives? Where could I obtain a THD 4x12?
I saw some pictures that Ed D posted recently. Maybe I was seeing things, or maybe they are a custom order for someone. :confused:

Trending Topics