Never heard anything of him.
checked out his music YouTube, not sure how I feel about his music
great
technique and nice tones and effects
I don't tottaly get it, the music isn't rememberable

haven't ever heard him mentioned on the Gear Page

Like to hear what
others think
It's great music...it sounds unique to my ears as well. At least it did when I'd first heard him.

By the way, he's been mentioned a bunch here:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?search/55725826/&q=plini&o=date&c[node]=12

johnnyb128

I went to see Animals as Leaders w/Plini and Intervals a few years ago. Didn't realize Plini and Intervals, when live, are basically the same members, they just switched instruments when one band came on and the other off...I was confused for a minute. Great concert until Animals came on and the place turned into one big mosh pit. I got slammed in the nose by the back of a dude's head and bailed out of the front to the rear.

I really like this album in full:

Brandon7s

Plini is awesome. Handmade Cities is straight up one of my top 10 albums in the last decade and it'd be that way even if I wasn't a guitarist. It's just flat out great music.

marsos52

thanks guys

only thing about his music I cant get passed is that i don't hear tune and than the soloing
its like one big jam.

i found him while searching for info about Strandberg guitars, and i like his signature guitar
i like it so well i ordered one any should have it next week

blueworm

I like Plini and got almost all his work from bandcamp. I think that's the only guitar driven stuff I've listened to for a while. I especially like the rhythmic contour/vibe

btw if you're into that music, but want something that pushes the Djent/Jazz boundaries further with crazy time-sig check out a band named Stimpy Lockjaw (which I believe is not active anymore but their album is on YT and bandcamp). They're totally amazing for that style, though somewhat darker than what Plini does.

mikebat

he did a clinic at a friends studio. He said he a gentleman.

This type of music used to appeal to me, but now I just hear it as a Holdsworth/Sharpnel mash up. He is a great player but the songs aren't something that will draw me back.

derekd

Supporting Member
Love his music, he's one of a freshest voices in rock guitar music I've heard in a long time.
I agree.

I think he's brilliant and is an answer to the typical old man yelling at clouds complaint around here about guitar dying out.

He is approaching writing differently enough to make him very unique and his chops should keep the most hardcore of us entertained.

Players like Plini, Julien Lage, and Sarah Longfield are keeping guitar-based music alive and well.

Last edited: